OwnedModel no longer has a table in the database

After some recent performance work, i have removed ownedModel from having a table in the database. The table only had the ‘id’ of the ownedModel.  While that is true to the ORM, it was totally pointless and just added database queries that were unnecessary.  I did some work to make the adjustment and now the query count on save actions has been reduced.  Also some recent currency tuning was done to improve performance as well.  For example, in one client installation I was able to reduce a save action from 102 to 22 queries through my recent performance work.  I have some interesting ideas of caching all models in memcache always, so stay tuned for that.  It should be interesting.

Leave a Comment