• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 matthandal

matthandal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Game elements will help the user get familiar with the system and help him/her stay engaged.

Initial Game Elements
The system leads you during your first steps as you learn to use
it, much like a modern video game leads the player through
learning the controls and rules of the video game. The user will be
rewarded with "achievement badges" as they learn more parts of the
system. This replaces the need for training and helps encourage the
user to use the system properly.

Scoring System
As the user interacts with the system (adding contacts, setting up meetings, Etc.), he/she is rewarded with points. The user can see how they stack up against others in their firm through a leader board system. This motivates the user to "outperform" the other users.

The scoring system is going to take quite a bit of thought. You can't make a mistake like having one set value for each person you enter or each update you make in a contact's entry. You need to make the system reward the right behavior and not be easily "exploited" by the user.

Badges
Badges should be given at specific milestones, much like Xbox achievements. They should be fun, but not overtly competitive like the scoring system.

#2 Stafford

Stafford

Zurmo Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

YES! We're working on gamification. Actually we're having a team meeting about it in literally two minutes. Posted something about it on our blog. More to come. It's central to our project.

#3 ferginarg

ferginarg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Maybe a cool idea for the badges is to create a stock of Zurmos or Zurmites which could be a new species of creature, monster or something else entirely it could be expanded on as each Zurmite could have a personality and skills etc....this could be expanded again into a top selling iphone app and range of plush toys :-)

#4 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 825 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Maybe a cool idea for the badges is to create a stock of Zurmos or Zurmites which could be a new species of creature, monster or something else entirely it could be expanded on as each Zurmite could have a personality and skills etc....this could be expanded again into a top selling iphone app and range of plush toys :-)

This is very interesting. Can you expand on this idea a bit?

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

#5 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

We have introduced some of our Gamification ideas on the blog: http://zurmo.org/blog/gamification. The game elements, scoring system, and badges are all a part of the initial design. Gamification is a MAJOR part of Zurmo's direction

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#6 neo59

neo59

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

I would personally prefer Gamification to be an administrative option that can be enabled or disabled for the system. I understand how the feature makes Zurmo "unique" from other CRM's, but for my implementation it is simply unneccessary bloat. My $0.02.

#7 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 825 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I would personally prefer Gamification to be an administrative option that can be enabled or disabled for the system. I understand how the feature makes Zurmo "unique" from other CRM's, but for my implementation it is simply unneccessary bloat. My $0.02.

You can turn it off by adding enabled => false in the gamificationObserver in the common.php configuration. However, we have heard this type of request before so we will consider adding it administratively too.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

#8 neo59

neo59

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

You can turn it off by adding enabled => false in the gamificationObserver in the common.php configuration. However, we have heard this type of request before so we will consider adding it administratively too.

Thanks Jason. That works though remnants of Gameification remain (Leaderboard etc). Loving what I am seeing so far.

#9 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 825 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

Thanks Jason. That works though remnants of Gameification remain (Leaderboard etc). Loving what I am seeing so far.

I am glad you are enjoying Zurmo

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

#10 shubho.pramanik

shubho.pramanik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

I added the following line in comman.php 

But after that i got error in login 

Trying to get property of non-object

C:\xampp\htdocs\shreekrishna\app\protected\modules\gamification\behaviors\WebUserAfterLoginGamificationBehavior.php(43)

31     {
32 public function attach($owner) 33 { 34 $owner->attachEventHandler('onAfterLogin', array($this, 'handleScoreLogin')); 35 } 36 37 /** 38 * The login of a user is a scored game event. This method processes this. 39 * @param CEvent $event 40 */ 41 public function handleScoreLogin($event) 42 { 43 if (Yii::app()->gamificationObserver->enabled) 44 { 45 $scoreType = 'LoginUser'; 46 $category = GamificationRules::SCORE_CATEGORY_LOGIN_USER; 47 $gameScore = GameScore::resolveToGetByTypeAndPerson($scoreType, Yii::app()->user->userModel); 48 $gameScore->addValue(); 49 self::resolveSaveGameScoreAndAddPointsByCategory($gameScore, $category); 50 if (Yii::app()->timeZoneHelper->isCurrentUsersTimeZoneConfirmed()) 51 { 52 $hour = date('G'); 53 if ($hour >= 22 || $hour < 4) 54 { 55 $scoreType = 'NightOwl';

#11 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

What release are you using? If you continue having issues, join the Developer Session this week and we will help you. We have Developer Sessions every Tuesday at 10:00AM Chicago Time (http://zurmo.org/for...earning-session).

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users