custom fields admin zurmo custom-field designer view

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ray_*

Guest_Ray_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

hello everybody,

I don't understand how you use custom fields found in admin designer section?

for a example, I added new fields using the designer to the contact form, these filed don t appear in the front end contact form.

thanks..

#2 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Did you add them to the layouts? After you make the field, you have to place them in the layouts. You do this in the designer tool.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

#3 Guest_Ray_*

Guest_Ray_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Did you add them to the layouts? After you make the field, you have to place them in the layouts. You do this in the designer tool.

thanks for reply,

my added fields do not seem to appear in the layout views, should they be in the drag and drop area?
how does this section(layout tool) actual work?

#4 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

What type of fields did you add and to which module?

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

#5 Guest_Ray_*

Guest_Ray_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

What type of fields did you add and to which module?

thanks mate,

I found the solution by creating another text field in the contact area. then in the layout area i just dragged the a panel and added the text field , but didn't understand why this did not work the first time.

one question is there a way or an option in the admin to delete custom fields, i have not noticed yet?

#6 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Currently there is no option to delete custom fields. For now just remove it from the layout. There is a lot of things to consider when deleting a custom field, so i will need to work through that some more before providing that option.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

#7 Guest_Ray_*

Guest_Ray_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Currently there is no option to delete custom fields. For now just remove it from the layout. There is a lot of things to consider when deleting a custom field, so i will need to work through that some more before providing that option.

okie cool mate, btw you done a excellent job with current system!

#8 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

okie cool mate, btw you done a excellent job with current system!

Thanks i appreciate it. If you can, you should come to the developer chat tomorrow if you want. It is on the calendar.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

#9 phumlani

phumlani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hi Guys

I might be having the be having the same problem as I have created a calculative field in designer and it doesnt appear on the layout fields after that, could it be something from my side?

#10 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi Guys

I might be having the be having the same problem as I have created a calculative field in designer and it doesnt appear on the layout fields after that, could it be something from my side?

Which layout are you looking for it in? Some layouts it cannot show up on, so it just depends.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

#11 phumlani

phumlani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

I am looking on all layout but nothing , so you say it depends what does it depend on?

#12 zurmita

zurmita

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Please I need to delete some fields. First because I just need some fields to appear in the criteria search option. It has no sense to have so many fields there that we are not using. How can I delete them from this criteria advanced search?

thanks in advance!

#13 buihoanghai

buihoanghai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

I have an issue, if don't have function delete field. When I add a new field ( I think in my DB have over 190 fields in account module). And this error like:

Syntax error or access violation: 1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs 

Help me thank

#14 udayak

udayak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Is there any method to edit the custom field's Field type ?

Systems Engineer

SimCentric Technologies (Pvt) Ltd.
3rd  Floor, Alnitak Building, 
No.752/5 , Dr.Danister De Silva Mawatha,
Colombo 09, 
Sri Lanka.

T: +94114368971 | M:  +94712855560 | F: +94112670284 | E: udayak@simct.com| W: www.simct.com |

#15 Ellis

Ellis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:00 AM

I have an issue, if don't have function delete field. When I add a new field ( I think in my DB have over 190 fields in account module). And this error like:

Syntax error or access violation: 1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs 

Help me thank

Did you managed to fix this error?  How? Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom, fields, admin, zurmo, custom-field, designer, view

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users