4 replies to this topic

#1 DaniGO83

DaniGO83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

Good morning friends, I would like to know if there are still people interested in promoting the Community version of Zurmo.

In our case we are a small company that is dedicated to the development on this tool but we have reached a point where the technologies used initially are outdated.

Anyone know what the original founders plan of the project is?

In case you want to continue with product improvement, you think the best way would be to make a fork?

Forgive my English since my native language is Spanish

Regards

#2 oskiebe

oskiebe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

Hi,

would be definitely interested, as we still love the UI, the majority of the concepts etc.

On the other hand I have some concerns about the data model and some other things as well.

Can't say much about the technologies being used though.

Re Zurmo originators, since the Gravity4 acquisition it has all become pretty quiet over here.

My personal approach would be to liaise with them, offer support based on the current codebase,

under the precondition that all improvements will be made available to the community as well,

and only should this fall on deaf ears consider a fork.

What do you think?

Cheers! 

#3 DaniGO83

DaniGO83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for answering,

It would be interesting to hear the opinion of some of the founders of the project and even of the administrators of the platforms that support the version of the community.

First to know if things are interesting to continue maintaining and improving the project of the community but in case the intereseyes propose to establish a whole parallel infrastructure for the benefit of the same platform.

It requires a new leadership, in addition to other administrators who are an active part of this great community that listens in silence

Dani,

#4 RedneckBob

RedneckBob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

It's a shame that it is slowly dying as I find it easier to use and better organized than other open source CRMs (vtiger, suitecrm) and it's not terribly crippled unless you purchase many hundreds of dollars in plug-ins.  Kind of surprised that a group hasn't rallied around a fork of Zurmo.

I don't know what is up at Gravity4, I've requested a demo several times over the last few months and no one ever contacts me.  Are they slowly dying too?

-RB

#5 danwaterloo

danwaterloo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

I use zurmo, mostly to keep track of my flow of small projects, and to some degree as a crm database for my contacts. I love it, and was sorry to see the company merge with another company. (Glad for the developers, and not so glad for myself!).

I'm not really a developer, but would like to see the open source version of Zurmo go into the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users