#1 jd_zurmo

jd_zurmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hello,

I have a dedicated server with Ubuntu 12.04

This is my email configuration on Settings -> Email Configuration -> Email SMTP Configuration

Host                smtp.gmail.com

Port                 587

Username       user@googleappdomain

Password        ********

Extra Mail Settings       tls

When I send the test email I get:  "Message successfully sent"

After that I click on "Save"

First issue:

When I go to "Leads" after that, I send a mail clicking on the email address, it seems that the message was send, but there is no "message successfully sent" no error message either. No message is delivered to the lead.

Second issue:

The same for Campaigns, I pick a list and template, I choose a date and time for  "Send On", after "Save and Schedule" no message is delivered.

Every time I look at "Users Home / My User  / Email Configuration" and try to send a email test I get "Message failed to send" 

It is weird but the "Outbound Password" looks too long (****************************************************)

when I change the password the email test is delivered. But I still have both issues.

Can anybody help me?

Juan 

#2 Stafford

Stafford

Zurmo Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hi Juan,
Ross is going to have a look and let you know.

#3 Ross

Ross

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

hi Juan,

The issue is most likely that you don't have a CRON job set up to send out the emails.  Went you send an test email from the Email configuration area it will send immediately.  However when you send an email to a contact, lead or other in the system the email is placed in a queue.  These emails are only released when the "Process Outbound Email Job" runs. You can check if this is running in the Settings >> Job Manager within Zurmo.  See markup here for clarification - http://markup.io/v/0v9arwcv4c5c

If this is not running your standard emails and campaign emails will not send.  Since you are on Linux you will need to create a Corn job to run the ProcessOutboundEmail command.  I suggest you look at the article below which provides more info:

http://zurmo.org/wik...-up-job-manager

You will need to add a cron entry on your server like the one below checking the directories match yours.  In the example below the zurmo user running the job is "super" but you can change this if you need to as long as it is a user with super user privalages.

* * * * * cd /home/yourzurmoaccount/public_html/crm/app/protected/commands; php -q zurmoc jobManager super ProcessOutboundEmail >> logs/ProcessOutboundEmail.log

If it does not already exist I also recommend creating the "logs" directory inside the "commands" folder in order to maintain a log of when the jobs have run.

Ross

Ross Peetoom
Zurmo Team
Ross@zurmo.com

#4 jd_zurmo

jd_zurmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

Thank you Ross

Now the emails are delivered. I suggest to add a comment at the end of the Zurmo install documentation I know Job Manager is optional but just to let know to everybody what they have to do in order to have a Zurmo with a full functionality.

I have another question for you. The list  Settings >> Job Manager within Zurmo is a full list? or there is a hidden job that I need to discover my self browsing into the module folders?.

Juan

#5 jd_zurmo

jd_zurmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hello

The issue:

When I go to "Leads" after that, I send a mail clicking on the email address, it seems that the message was send, but there is no "message successfully sent" no error message either. No message is delivered to the lead. NOW IS FIXED adding the next line to the crontab

* * * * * cd /home/yourzurmoaccount/public_html/crm/app/protected/commands; php -q zurmoc jobManager super ProcessOutboundEmail >> logs/ProcessOutboundEmail.log

But I still have the problem with the campaigns.I pick a list and template, I choose a date and time for  "Send On", after "Save and Schedule" no message is delivered.

I can see at the end of the campaign page that there is a queued email recipient.

I also add the next 3 lines to the crontab:

* * * * *     cd /home/user/public_html/zurmo/app/protected/commands && ./zurmoc jobManager super CampaignGenerateDueCampaignItems   &> /dev/null
  * * * * *     cd /home/user/public_html/zurmo/app/protected/commands && ./zurmoc jobManager super CampaignMarkCompleted              &> /dev/null
  * * * * *     cd /home/user/public_html/zurmo/app/protected/commands && ./zurmoc jobManager super CampaignQueueMessagesInOutbox      &> /dev/null

But the email is not delivered 

Juan

#6 Ross

Ross

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

hi Juan,

Your crons appear to be set ok, for your information the CampaignGenerateDueCampaignItems is what sends the recipients to the email queue, so that job has run an worked fine.  The second job CampaignQueueMessagesInOutbox is the one that actually sends the emails from the queue.

If you look in the Job Manager (Settings >> Job Manager) and look at the job logs for the job "Process campaign messages" then you may see some errors in there? 

While looking at your problem I found that there my be some issue when processing campaign emails that include merge tags which may be your problem.  Some of the team are looking at that problem now so I will let you know an update once I know more.

Ross

Ross Peetoom
Zurmo Team
Ross@zurmo.com

#7 jd_zurmo

jd_zurmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi  Ross,

I looked in the Job Manager (Settings >> Job Manager) but there is no error, the status is "Completed". I think that the problem is in the CampaignQueueMessagesInOutbox, because when I go to Marketing / Campaigns, then I select a campaing, I can see at the bottom of the page a list of Email Recipients all marked as "Queued". 

Juan

#8 speixoto

speixoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

There was some issues with the campaings, maybe you should update with the lates version of Zurmo

#9 Ross

Ross

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hi Juan,

The Latest release of zurmo 2.0.12 includes bug fixes related to campaigns.  I recommend that you upgrade to this release since it should resolve the issues you have with campaigns.

If you are currently on 1.5.14 then I recommend using the upgrade script available here:

http://zurmo.org/upgrades

Let me know if you are still having issues following the upgrade.

Ross

Ross Peetoom
Zurmo Team
Ross@zurmo.com

#10 jd_zurmo

jd_zurmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Thank you,

the latest release fix the problem

Juan

#11 ixtlan

ixtlan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

Made as it was written, does not work. Test messages are sent via the Amazon SES PHP. If you use gmail all works.

The table in the database emailmessagesenderror

a:3:{s:4:"code";i:0;s:7:"message";s:120:"Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Transaction failed: Illegal header 'zurmoItemClass'.
"";s:5:"trace";O:24:"Swift_TransportException":7:{s:10:"�*�message";s:120:"Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Transaction failed: Illegal header 'zurmoItemClass'.
"";s:17:"�Exception�string";s:0:"";s:7:"�*�code";i:0;s:7:"�*�file";s:105:"/var/www/zurmo/app/protected/extensions/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php"

#12 wmike1503

wmike1503

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

So, another thing i have no chance of getting to work.  I have been totally unsuccessful in getting jobs to run.  followed all the threads here - told i have them setup.  Of course they don't run.

So i also have no chance of getting email to work - currently failing with:

Message failed to send
Error Code: 0
Error Message: Expected response code 220 but got code "", with message "+OK Server ready director22.mail.iad3a.rsapps.net

Extremely disappointed with recurring gotcha - basic stuff that should work.

#13 johnt

johnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

wmike, the jobs r a pain to get working, i had to hire a freelancer to help get them working, but due to some weird reasons the settings disappeared and had to learn how to configure them.. this thread seems to provide the working answers for a ubuntu server:

http://zurmo.org/for...ampaign-solved/

pay attention to the super user name being replaced by another zurmo admin account and the path values.

as for email error you might want to ask your host what triggers such a response, maybe that could shed some light? sometimes hosts block the ips until you talk to them.

#14 mdoran

mdoran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

Hello I am having this same issue where emails will not send.  However it is not related to the jobs running as they are setup and being reported as running successfully.  Still no email ever gets delivered.  Now when I send an test email from the SMTP configuration page that email does work and gets delivered.  

Does anyone have any other suggestions or additional logging that can be turned on to help find the issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users