• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 turbo2ltr

turbo2ltr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

Just installed a fresh copy of Zurmo.  Got email sending (smtp) working (setup crons as well).

The issue I have is with the UI.  If I go to leads and click an email, the email composition popup window shows up.

If I type my message in the "Text Content" area, and send the email, the email is sent, but the email shows up blank (in gmail).  If I "show original" in gmail, the content I wrote IS there, but because a text/html content type part was included in the email, even though there was nothing in it (but some CSS), Gmail shows it and hides the text/plain content type.

This email shows up blank in gmail:

--_=_swift_v4_149125679558e2c5db3734e_=_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Sent from inside Zurmo Text Content Tab

--_=_swift_v4_149125679558e2c5db3734e_=_
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

<!-- zurmo css inline -->
<html><head></head><body></body></html>

--_=_swift_v4_149125679558e2c5db3734e_=_--

Issue number 2 is if I try to use the "HTML content" tab, every time I type a single character, the focus is lost and subsequent characters do not show up, I have to click the window after every character to give it focus.

If I send an email with content in the HTML content tab, the content does show up in gmail.

"This a html test" shows up in gmail: 

--_=_swift_v4_149125693858e2c66a093c4_=_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

This is a test

--_=_swift_v4_149125693858e2c66a093c4_=_
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

<!-- zurmo css inline -->
<html><head></head><body><p>This a html test</p></body></html>

--_=_swift_v4_149125693858e2c66a093c4_=_--

#2 turbo2ltr

turbo2ltr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

Ok, so for whatever reason, today I do not have the HTML box losing focus problem today. No idea why. I didn't even restart the browser.

I just spent 3 hours figuring out how to fix the other issue.

In models/EmailMessageContent.php I added around line 54

array('htmlContent',                'StripDummyHtmlContentFromOtherwiseEmptyFieldValidator'),
array('textContent',                'EmailTemplateAtLeastOneContentAreaRequiredValidator'),

This fixes the issue with display of received emails in Gmail.  And by this I mean it will not send the empty html content block

<html><head></head><body></body></html> 

in the email (which triggers gmail to not display the plain text).  It will properly pass HTML only as well as both content types if supplied. In other words it works correctly.

Though it seems the "At least one content area" validator does not work as expected. If you try to send a blank email, it just hangs and you have to reload the page instead of providing error feedback.  Though prior to adding the above lines, it would indeed just send a blank email.

I've spent too much time on this as it is and will not be investigating further.  I know it's free software and I'm glad I can fix it myself, but it seems odd such predominant bugs haven't been addressed yet.

#3 turbo2ltr

turbo2ltr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

I have now found that if you have a signature, this will force a text/html content block even if you don't specify any HTML content in the compose window,  and that will hide the plain text content when viewed in gmail.

What a mess. I've spent more hours fixing bugs than actually using this thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users