1 reply to this topic

#1 g-sal

g-sal

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Hi interwebs,

I've been exploring tools for a non-profit I work for. We want to be able to keep track of the donors and run donation campaigns. I figured CRMs would fit the bill, but having never used such a system, I've had some difficulties assessing which products are suitable.

If there are some friendly people out there that know Zurmo well, maybe they can let me know if it's a good fit for the following requirements, and generally how it can be done:

• Track donors (we mostly deal with people and not companies or organizations)
  • Donors can be regular donors, members, or sustaining members. We need to be able to categorize our customers as such
  • Track how much our donors have donated and when
  • Do campaigns, where we can list a number of donors we want to contact, track whether we've reached them, and whether they've donated.

I might have seen similar features in Zurmo, but it's hard to tell if they are suitable in an non-profit context.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

g-sal 

#2 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

You can handle Donor Management with Zurmo. You may need to do some configuration and possible customizations, but it could be done. For example, you can re-purpose the Opportunities module for Donations. You can re-purpose Contacts to Donors and then create different "Types" such as 'members', 'sustaining members', etc. You can also send email campaigns to "Donors" and track any Donations as a result of the Campaign.

I have a few more ideas. If you are available today, we have Zurmo Town Hall demo sessions every Thursday at 1:00CT so feel free to join the upcoming session and we can chat more about it:http://zurmo.org/for...-townhall-demo/

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users