Working in business development I need a crm that lets me perform the following tasks from my phone (I'm running an android). Doesn't need to be super tech, just to handle a couple basic functions really well and quickly otherwise people won't use it.
- Add a contact
- Create an opportunity
- Log notes relating to a contact or opportunity
- Change opportunity status
- View tasks
- Schedule a task (with quick add/ batch add like G Tasks android app)
- Upload a photo of a business card (so I can throw the paper one in my draw never to be seen again)
- Schedule a meeting and recording info like date, time, location (google maps link would be nice), description (see thread on Google apps integration).
In terms of the battle between mobile sites vs apps, the only point I would make is that sometimes you go to a meeting and there's no signal or you're on the tube (a great time to update your notes following a meeting) so it would be nice if it could work there (possibly using local storage).