#1 dscherer

dscherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPittsburg, PA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

When I add a status to this pick list, it doesn't show up. Also, how do I modify the statuses in general? Some only show up at certain times, and I don't know how to change this.

I actually ran into an issue on 2.0.19 with the status dropdown being empty and making so leads/contacts could not be created/edited after making some changes to it.

If this field is temperamental enough that we shouldn't be editing, why are we able to edit it?

#2 bakerstreet

bakerstreet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I have the same problem. I customized the pick list and now all the options are ONLY showing up in the contact pick list, and not the lead pick list.

Here's an idea: Make a couple checkboxes next to each option in the field designer which allows you to specify if the option should show up as an option for the contact, the lead, or both.

---------------------------------- Edit ----------------------------------

Work Around Solution: I went into the database directly and found the 'contactstatus' table. I noticed that those records with a value in the 'order' column seem to show up in the contact pick list, and those records without a specified value (i.e. null) seem to show up in the lead pick list, but this isn't always the case.

---------------------------------- Edit ----------------------------------

Actually, here is what I ended up doing:

Leads

- New Lead

- Prospect

- Proposal

Contacts

- Active

- Canceled

- Dead

Attached Thumbnails

• Contact and Lead Status Types.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: status, contacts, leads, pick list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users