#1 Turhan

Turhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hi,

We previously discussed (in this post) about the 'social conversation' module not appearing on the left side bar when update from 0.6.90 to 0.7.10 .

The following solution was found and that worked:

If you go to the globalmetadata table and remove the ZurmoModule entry, then clear cache, the conversations module will appear properly on the left side. Once we finish the upgrade scripts, you will not need to do this type of thing in the future when doing an upgrade.

I recently tried to update from 0.7.10 to 0.7.20. The issue remains but with a slightly different manner (or maybe the same but I haven't noticed at that time)
Indeed, without touching the globalmetadata table, the social conversation appears only for super user, not for the others.

After removing the ZurmoModule entry from the globalmetadata table, the other users still don't have access to 'social conversation'.
Do you have any clue what it is behaving this way ?
Also, do you have some expected date for finishing the upgrade scripts, I haven't found it in your roadmap ?
Thank you very much

#2 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hi,

We previously discussed (in this post) about the 'social conversation' module not appearing on the left side bar when update from 0.6.90 to 0.7.10 .

The following solution was found and that worked:

I recently tried to update from 0.7.10 to 0.7.20. The issue remains but with a slightly different manner (or maybe the same but I haven't noticed at that time)
Indeed, without touching the globalmetadata table, the social conversation appears only for super user, not for the others.

After removing the ZurmoModule entry from the globalmetadata table, the other users still don't have access to 'social conversation'.
Do you have any clue what it is behaving this way ?
Also, do you have some expected date for finishing the upgrade scripts, I haven't found it in your roadmap ?
Thank you very much

You need to go to Groups -> Everyone -> Rights. Then allow other users access to the conversations module. Regarding upgrade scripts, we are actively working on those and hope to have those in the 0.7.5 release. That should ease the pain of upgrades :)

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversation, module, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users