7 replies to this topic

#1 sirin k

sirin k

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

hi i was trying to install zurmo on my local machin.

Ubuntu 12.04,apache 2.2,php5.3

evry requirement was fine but im getting an error notification on the memcache hostname textbox.

ie
Error code: 111 Message: Connection refused

Anyone please help me out to fix this.thanks in advance.

-Sirin
SIRIN K
Yii developer
Nintriva Wireless
INDIA

email:sirin@nintriva.com,sirinibin2006@gmail.com
mob:+919633977699
blog:http://www.sirink.tumblr.com

#2 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

I think you do not have rights to access memcache, some used had similar issue but I think with his hosting company where memcache was not installed correctly. So, you can try next solutions:
1. Check if you can access/connect to memcache(You can copy/paste sample code from PHP manual: http://php.net/manua...che.connect.php).
2. If you can't fix issue with memcache, you can just disable it(clear or memcache related form elements during installation)

#3 TauTau

TauTau

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'm also a bit confused about this... I also get connection refused. The documentation for installation explicitly says to install php5-memcache and NOT php5-memcached. However, php5-memcache doesn't run a daemon, like memcached, so there is no way to be able to connect to some port... is the installation documentation wrong?
Also, the php documentation you linked, says

Memcache::connect — Open memcached server connection

so to me it seems it wants to connect to memcached, which per instruction isn't installed...

#4 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Bboth php5-memcache and php5-memcached extensions are used to communicate with memcached servers. It is just programmer fault which named php5-memcached so its name sound like it is deamon(background) process that is waiting for requests.
php5-memcached is newer version, and some programmers said that it is faster and have more features, but we decided to stick to php5-memcache which is older and more stable extension.

So, you need to install both php5-memcache php library, and memcached server on your computer.

#5 TauTau

TauTau

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

yeah, installing both of php5-memcache and php5-memcached solved that error. On to the next one (this really isn't an easy installation... there's quite some stuff to bend for this to work, I hope it doesn't influence my other sites on that server ;))

#6 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

You didn't need to install php5-memcache and php5-memcached, you should install php5-memcache(php library) and memcached(service) and then it should work. Zurmo doesn't depend or use php5-memcached.

#7 TauTau

TauTau

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

funny then, that it worked after installing that... probably php5-memcached brought dependencies with it that solved the problem ;)

#8 daddyy

daddyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

thank's

the problem solved by following installation  (ubuntu)

sudo apt-get install memcached php5-memcache

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users