• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 franklinian

franklinian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Can someone share the best practice for mass updating record permissions in Zurmo?

Specifically, I want to reassign who can read and write certain accounts.  We're doing a CSV import with 'Owner' permissions intially, but will need to restructure later.

I couldn't find an application function that would perform this.  If I need to to a manual mysql update, which tables will have to be modified?

Thanks everyone in advance!

#2 franklinian

franklinian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

The function is not possible in the software according to Ray on today's developer call.  FYI in case anyone else is looking this up.

Will have to look into modifying mysql tables.....

#3 mivan

mivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hello. Have you found a way? I looked at the mysql tables and can't figure out how record permissions are stored ….

#4 molul

molul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

I have the same problem. I need to change thousands of contacts to be viewable and writable by a whole group, and can't find a way besides going one by one through all contacts :-/

#5 clickhere2006

clickhere2006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:50 AM

When will this option be added as this is such an easy script to make this...??

also can it be possible to make the users "owners" only see people who are in there groups so they cannot see anyone who is higher then them 

???

#6 jza

jza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

I've done a small script to change the group security for all account and related contacts.  The script removes all actual rights and sets a RW right for configured group. However it will not changes related activities - notes, meetings etc.!

1. Save attached file to INSTALL_DIR/app/protected/commands

2. cd INSTALL_DIR/app/protected/commands

3. In case you have lot of records, you need to change in the beginning of attached file memory_limit setting

4. run command: zurmoc MassSecurity super "NewGroup"

Attached Files

#7 mivan

mivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

@jza: Thanks for sharing the script. I'm not a programmer however, and understanding all the framework functions (yii, redbean) is beyond my abilities. I need to set the read/write permissions of all contacts/leads owned by a particular user to "owner". Would you (or some other forum member, who finds this useful) be willing to adapt the script to do that?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users