#1 dscherer

dscherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPittsburg, PA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

We added a new user to the system, and they were able to see records without owning anything so to investigate we created a test user and gave them the same role as this new user so we could see what they saw.

It turned out someone created them with the "who can view" set to everyone, and we changed this for the first one and it seemed to work (this is with that test account we created) and then after that the accounts tab/module stopped working.

I've tried restarting memcached to no avail. The problem exists for new users in the same role now as well (I created another test user and gave them the same role as the other one and it also cannot access the accounts).

I don't understand what happened but our Zurmo instance is effectively bricked at this point.

#2 dscherer

dscherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPittsburg, PA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

/var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/runtime/application.log

---
2013/10/16 16:15:10 [error] [exception.AccessDeniedSecurityException] exception 'AccessDeniedSecurityException' in /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/modules/zurmo/models/SecurableItem.php:412
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/modules/zurmo/models/SecurableItem.php(377): SecurableItem->checkPermissionsHasAnyOf(1)
#1 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/base/CComponent.php(606) : eval()'d code(1): SecurableItem->__get('name')
#2 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/base/CComponent.php(606): eval()
#3 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/components/DataColumn.php(101): CComponent->evaluateExpression('ActionSecurityU...', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/zii/widgets/grid/CGridColumn.php(144): DataColumn->renderDataCellContent(0, Object(Account))
#5 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/zii/widgets/grid/CGridView.php(589): CGridColumn->renderDataCell(0)
#6 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/zii/widgets/grid/CGridView.php(545): CGridView->renderTableRow(0)
#7 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/zii/widgets/grid/CGridView.php(455): CGridView->renderTableBody()
#8 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/zii/widgets/CBaseListView.php(160): CGridView->renderItems()
#9 [internal function]: CBaseListView->renderSection(Array)
#10 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/zii/widgets/CBaseListView.php(143): preg_replace_callback('/{(\w+)}/', Array, '{summary}?{item...')
#11 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/zii/widgets/CBaseListView.php(128): CBaseListView->renderContent()
#12 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CBaseController.php(173): CBaseListView->run()
#13 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/ListView.php(135): CBaseController->widget('application.cor...', Array)
#14 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/View.php(83): ListView->renderContent()
#15 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/GridView.php(140): View->render()
#16 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/View.php(83): GridView->renderContent()
#17 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/GridView.php(140): View->render()
#18 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/View.php(83): GridView->renderContent()
#19 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/GridView.php(140): View->render()
#20 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/View.php(83): GridView->renderContent()
#21 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/modules/zurmo/views/ZurmoDefaultView.php(54): View->render()
#22 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/View.php(83): ZurmoDefaultView->renderContent()
#23 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/PageView.php(201): View->render()
#24 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/View.php(83): PageView->renderContent()
#25 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/views/PageView.php(75): View->render()
#26 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/modules/accounts/controllers/DefaultController.php(86): PageView->render()
#27 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/modules/zurmo/components/ZurmoModuleController.php(48): AccountsDefaultController->actionList()
#28 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/actions/CInlineAction.php(49): ZurmoModuleController->actionIndex()
#29 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CController.php(308): CInlineAction->runWithParams(Array)
#30 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(133): CController->runAction(Object(CInlineAction))
#31 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilter.php(40): CFilterChain->run()
#32 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(130): CFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))
#33 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilter.php(40): CFilterChain->run()
#34 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(130): CFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))
#35 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CController.php(291): CFilterChain->run()
#36 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CController.php(265): CController->runActionWithFilters(Object(CInlineAction), Array)
#37 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): CController->run('')
#38 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('accounts/defaul...')
#39 /var/www/html/zurmo/yii/framework/base/CApplication.php(169): CWebApplication->processRequest()
#40 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/protected/core/components/WebApplication.php(69): CApplication->run()
#41 /var/www/html/zurmo/app/index.php(66): WebApplication->run()
#42 {main}
REQUEST_URI=/app/index.php/accounts/default
HTTP_REFERER=http://****.******.com/app/index.php
---

#3 sandro

sandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSanto André, SP, Brasil

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Your issue is due to a bug in Zurmo. I believe that new version 2.2.6 solved this bug.

More details of the bug: https://www.pivotalt...y/show/58267902

Linux2Business - Soluções Livres na Nuvem

http://www.linux2business.com.br

#4 dscherer

dscherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPittsburg, PA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Your issue is due to a bug in Zurmo. I believe that new version 2.2.6 solved this bug.

More details of the bug: https://www.pivotalt...y/show/58267902

How do I do that? The current version is 2.2.6 and I'm at 2.0.22 and there doesn't seem to be an upgrade script for that. And how does the upgrade actually work? The directions aren't exactly straight forward. Does the upgrade script replace all the files for me or do I download the new version and then run the upgrade?

#5 dscherer

dscherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPittsburg, PA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

test

Edit: got an error when I posted my last post, was trying to make it happen again.

#6 arjan

arjan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yes, this is a real problem, it's not possible to upgrade to resolve this bug.

#7 sandro

sandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

It is possible upgrade 2.0.22 to 2.2.6. First you need to upgrade Zurmo following this steps: http://zurmo.org/upgrades

After that you need to update following this other steps:

Ok, assumming you don't have custom code I would do this:

A. Backup your config/perInstance.php and config/debug.php files
B. Backup your app folder and db (just in case)
B. Download the latest stable and replace the entire app folder with the new stable release.
C. Put the config files from step A in the correct spot. You will not be replacing files as these 2 files will not exist yet from the stable download.
D. Use the command line tool to run updateSchema by doing from the command folder: zurmoc updateSchema super. Assumming your super admin username is 'super' otherwise use the correct one. if you are on linux you might have to do php zurmoc from the command line instead of just php.
E. clear the contents from assets/ folder and also runtime/minScript/cache
F. When you login, you should execute the &clearCache=1 upon going to the login page in the URL.
G. Make sure to hold shift on the browser to refresh the JS/CSS. You might have to do this a few times.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

But, unfortunately version 2.2.6 still contains this bug.

#8 arjan

arjan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Thank you so much!

However I'm at 2.2.6 and users can still not see contacts that are entered by other users, although the setting of 'who can read and write' is set to 'everyone'.

Kind regards,

Arjan.

#9 arjan

arjan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I started again - and reinstalled the whole system - to 2.2.3, in the hope that users that I created could be seen by other users. Apparently this bug is also in older versions. Is there any way I can work with more than just my own contacts?

#10 sandro

sandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Maybe you can create a group and assign users to this group.

You can also change the permissions and rights in this group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users