8 replies to this topic

#1 zurmo_noob

zurmo_noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hi

Zurmo v2.5.5 is installed and I have tested my Marketing config multiple times with small lists, and marketing sending worked flawlessly both via cron and via manually running the jobs via job manager.

I have now imported 11.5k contacts and subscribed them to a list, then scheduled my campaign to start send today. The first stage worked fine, and the campaign items are generated, however that's where success ends.

On my campaign view I can see my batches of emails with a status of "Awaiting Queueing". Despite the crons running (as per my testing above), and me manually running the Process campaign messages job, the emails never get queued for sending.

The email template in use is the same as the one used in testing, so therefore the merge tags are all correct and tested.

The job log for Process campaign messages just simply reads "Completed".

If the Process campaign items job is manually run from the job manager, here is the output:

Script will run at most for 500 seconds.
03/12/2013 10:17 Europe/London Starting job type: CampaignQueueMessagesInOutbox
Info - Models processed: 0 Memory cost per model: 0
Info - Final memory usage: 22917768
Info - Job completed successfully
03/12/2013 10:17 Europe/London Ending job type: CampaignQueueMessagesInOutbox

So at this stage I really don't know what to do in order to resolve the issue, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

#2 zurmo_noob

zurmo_noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hi all

This is just a quick update on my issue. It turns out that the issue wasn't related to the size of the contact list, but actually the permissions for each of the required elements.

My contacts were owned by me, but members of the Management group (which includes me) can read and write. The other elements (list, template and campaign) were again owned by me, but Everyone could read and write.

To test, I edited the contacts so that Everyone can read and write for them and what do you know...? all is well with the world again.

Thanks to all those in the Dev Learning Session today, it was a really useful resource.

#3 zurmo_noob

zurmo_noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

And one more update, just in case it helps someone down the line...

An alternative approach was to amend the list and campaign so that only the owner and members of the group Management could read and write - this also worked fine.

#4 mivan

mivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Hi.

I have the same problem. But in my case, everyone can read and write everything.

I tried to change the owner, but I can't change the permissions on mass.....

:(

I don't know what else to try ....

#5 mivan

mivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

I really tried everything and nothing works and nothing makes sense. The only thing I noticed is, that when it works (short list) the campaing status is processing. When it doesn't work, the campaign status is active. Drives me crazy.

#6 mivan

mivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

Sergio saved my day again :)

It's not a bug, but a way how jobs are working. If you follow the recommended CRON settings, it will take days for a large list to be processed. The way it works is as follows:

- the default batch size is 100

- 2 jobs are required - Create campaign items and Process Campaign Messages.

The catch is, that the Process Campaign Messages job starts processing only after all Campaign Items are created by the Create Campaign Items job.

So if you have a list with 2.000 emails and you have set both jobs to be executed once per hour it will take 20 hours to create campaign items and only after that, the Process Campaign Messages job starts doing something. For the first 20 hours it will just run on empty.

Regards

Marek

#7 yamgarcia

yamgarcia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Just want to share how I fixed this and maybe I could save someone's misery.

I have tried all the above solutions but still the status is "Awaiting Queueing". The campaign email items where generated but were not going out even though I've run the jobs manually or via crons repeatedly.

What I did was I increased my memcached memory from 64 megs to 4096 megs and everything worked out fine.

#8 johnt

johnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

i found that when i sent to a large enough list some emails would not go through but marked as though they had been sent (yes i checked spam etc) cos some of those accounts were different aliases of mine. I switched to phplist after that, it allowed much more advanced reporting structures as the current state of marketing does not really allow us to get statistics on how many read, opened etc

#9 svelasquez

svelasquez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

Just want to share how I fixed this and maybe I could save someone's misery.

I have tried all the above solutions but still the status is "Awaiting Queueing". The campaign email items where generated but were not going out even though I've run the jobs manually or via crons repeatedly.

What I did was I increased my memcached memory from 64 megs to 4096 megs and everything worked out fine.

Excelent contribution yamgarcia, this work fine for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marketing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users