Photo

Loggin inbound and outbound calls in Zurmo

logging calls inbound calls outbound calls out of the box customization limitation open source

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mariomokarram

mariomokarram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

Dear Zurmo user and developer,

I have been looking at a preinstalled demo version of Zurmo and have a simple question.

How do you log a phone call?

From my past experience with other CRM tools, a logged outbound call is commonly referred to as a pending activity related to some sales process. An incomming call is usually logged to an aacount or lead or client as a logged activity relating to some opportunity.

In Zurmo, I see a calendar that allows me to create planned meetings for an account, I see how a call can be planned in selected as the meeting type....Its a bit of a mess - unintuiative, or maybe I am just rusty on my Gamification skills because I still play Tetris :)

Please let me know if there is way to plan outbound calls and log inbound calls in a coherent manner. I will even be happy with a "come to a developer workshop", but please give me something because I find this to be a block that stops any progress on what looks like a kick ass CRM system.

Regards,

MarioM

Attached Thumbnails

• meeting-call.jpg

#2 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi Mario,
Good question. Happy to answer. An inbound call is typically logged as a Note:

call notes.jpg
Upon completing the note, it will appear under Latest Activities:
notes_latest_activity.jpg

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#3 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

I had the wrong name in my call notes. It should say 'Ray', not 'Jim'. Since I was in Ray Allen's contact record, the call was with him (not Jim)

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#4 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

Also, you can view a demo recording that shows the basic flow of the system: http://zurmo.org/scr...source-crm-demo

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#5 mariomokarram

mariomokarram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

Dear Zurmo,

Thanks for the information. I was a little confused because I noticed the functionality when sending the email from the business card view and thought that this would be similar - ie clicking on the number would bring up a modal call creation record screen. I guess that if I integrated that VoIP, the functionality would be more intuitive.

Again, thanks and now I shall try to figure out why I can only import a small random number of records (10-30) from a 270 row spreadsheet. No custom fields, no blank spaces, and no format issues. Also, no ' anywhere so its still a mystery.

If you can give me an idea of how to debug I would be grateful.

Regards,

Mario

#6 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

We do have SIP integration with the Pro version. You can see more here: http://zurmo.org/fea...rated-with-voip

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#7 mariomokarram

mariomokarram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Oh Zurmo! You guys know your CRM alright. That SIP integration looks like a sure winner. The functionality you show is absolutely awesome. I love the fact that an automatic phone record is created when you hang up.

Great job guys.

Thanks.

#8 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words Mario!

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#9 jeet

jeet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Hi Ray,

Do you guys have the SIP integration? Because I read in one of your older posts that you guys have nothing to do with VOIP.

Thanks for the kind words Mario!

#10 jeet

jeet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hi Ray,

Do you guys have the SIP integration? Because I read in one of your older posts that you guys have nothing to do with VOIP.

The pro version feature list also doesnt reflect anything for SIP.

We do have SIP integration with the Pro version. You can see more here: http://zurmo.org/fea...rated-with-voip

#11 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hi Ray,

The pro version feature list also doesnt reflect anything for SIP.

Yes, we have SIP/VOIP integration with onsip.com. It is listed in the roadmap (http://zurmo.org/roadmap), under the 2.5 release. You can read more here: http://zurmo.org/fea...rated-with-voip

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: logging, calls, inbound calls, outbound calls, out of the box, customization, limitation, open source

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users