7 replies to this topic

#1 ecvaldas

ecvaldas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Very silly question:

What practise do you use when you want to set up a reminded to call your lead? 

Do you use a calendar or create a new task?

The reason I am asking this question, as I am trying to figure out the best way to see the list of leads who do I need to call today.

1. Calendar

If I add this reminded through the calendar - that's great, I can see a list of leads for the whole day, however, I can't click on leads name in order to go straight away to the detailed view. 

zurm1.PNG  

2. Task

If I have a task to call, it's a long process as well, as I need to open a task, then click "more details" and just then click on the "related to" section, because I can't see the lead's name.. (there is just no hyperlink)....

zurm2.PNG

What practises do you use? Am I doing something wrong? 

#2 ecvaldas

ecvaldas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

Nobody uses CRM to remind about calls???? :)))) 

#3 RonaldHensen

RonaldHensen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBest, Netherlands

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

In mine opion this is a serious problem. 

It is unbelievable that Zurmo has changed the simple Tasks list in November. Before that it was simple. I loved it. I created a call-back action (Task) on a specific date and time. If I opened this Task I had a direct overview of the contact details (who, why and telephone number). This was very useful for cold calling or call-back activities. It was my person action list (or Todo-list).

When I discussed this with Ray in November last year (if you want I can send you the document with my complains about this separately), he had put it on the Roadmap to fix this in release 2.6. But it has disappeared from the Roadmap. Why? Nobody else was asking to change this process except me.

Now I am working with the long process of creating a Project Task (even my Task is not part of a project). When I open the task I see irrelevant information and have to click on ‘More details’ to see the contact information. If I change this personal Task I receive an email (!!!!???). Sometimes I have 20 emails in my email box.

I am confidence that sooner or later the process will change to a workable process. Because this will cost customers and money. 

#4 ecvaldas

ecvaldas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

In mine opion this is a serious problem. 

It is unbelievable that Zurmo has changed the simple Tasks list in November. Before that it was simple. I loved it. I created a call-back action (Task) on a specific date and time. If I opened this Task I had a direct overview of the contact details (who, why and telephone number). This was very useful for cold calling or call-back activities. It was my person action list (or Todo-list).

When I discussed this with Ray in November last year (if you want I can send you the document with my complains about this separately), he had put it on the Roadmap to fix this in release 2.6. But it has disappeared from the Roadmap. Why? Nobody else was asking to change this process except me.

Now I am working with the long process of creating a Project Task (even my Task is not part of a project). When I open the task I see irrelevant information and have to click on ‘More details’ to see the contact information. If I change this personal Task I receive an email (!!!!???). Sometimes I have 20 emails in my email box.

I am confidence that sooner or later the process will change to a workable process. Because this will cost customers and money. 

I am glad that not only me is facing the same issue regards tasks to remind about calls. If we could get the instructions on the best possible way of using this feature - that would be great.

The other thing I noticed, that in "trophy and leader-board" panel it says that I have a badge for creating calls. This possibly happened when I tried to add calls through the calendar. So, I assume, that this is what we supposed to do but it's extremely uncomfortable as you will not get a reminder if you miss a call and there is no way to leave a note, that the call was successful/unsuccessful.. 

#5 riwern

riwern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

I am glad that not only me is facing the same issue regards tasks to remind about calls. If we could get the instructions on the best possible way of using this feature - that would be great.

So, did you reach any consensus regarding how to handle calls? I'm curious on how to handle them myself...

#6 ecvaldas

ecvaldas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

I believe this forum is very passive. Anyway, I just add them as tasks at the moment and hope that the solution will come up at some point.

#7 patrickj

patrickj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

I would definitely second all the above mentioned concerns. overall i have only started using the tool recently and i really like and appreciate all the work that went into zurmo. however the call-back reminders or how to make that happen in a useful way is hard or impossible to figure out. here are some of the areas i am missing and that i think are pretty flawed:

• you don't see the contact/lead associated with a task, so i end up adding it into the task name itself.
  • the calendar shows all the tasks, even those completed, and doesn't highlight those over-due.
  • a task doesn't show readily who it is associated with and have to click "More details"
  • there is no global task overview (cards/list) that is useful in managing basic follow-up tasks or managing leads/contacts

while there are a lot of useful features in zurmo, the basic task management features are very basic and hardly usable. i hope that there will be some extra effort put into this area. i would love to also hear from others how they work around those limitations.

thank you in advance.

#8 nubdesigns

nubdesigns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

let me add i would love this option as well seems silly that you dont have this already as your not missing much else :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users