3 replies to this topic

#1 domatix

domatix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hi guys,

We just found this software and it's amanzingly great. Everything on it just makes sense.

We're changing all the sale processes to Zurmo soon, and the thing is we'd like to move also project management, but there are a few issues we can't deal with yet.

Some missing features we've found:

- Time sheets (add hours per day and user to projects-task)

- Cost per hour (user and project)

- Extra expenses per project

- Tickets (select client, assign to user, id, parent ticket, project or task, priority and status)

And what will be definitely great is to give some information about projects on the future portal framework.

One (non opensource) program who works fine (but not perfect) for this is pancakeapp. Doolphy also works great, but not to manage, just for reporting hours and costs.

Hoping can see some improvements in the future in this way (maybe if we use it deeply enough and have available resources, we'll try to develop and push a few features).

Keep doing guys!!!

#2 johnt

johnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

how about just using custom fields..?

#3 domatix

domatix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

Custom fields is not enough for some features.

Anyway, I think with the next portal framework and Help Desk most of this features will come. Also will be come improvement in Task and UI input.

#4 johnt

johnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

Im starting to see your problems in task in zurmo... tried using em, they leave alot to be desired... what are you using to manage tasks atm?

helpdesk would def be a game changer but its not an easy system to create.. The problem with helpdesk system comes with the heavy rate of writing going into the db from emails. Say you have 100 emails loaded and each has 100 mb of mail being polled at every hour, u got 10 gb of data being downloaded non stop before you start filtering the junk from the real email (most of it is probably junk)! Thats alota abuse for one software to handle!

Creators of osTicket & OTRS have dedicated teams just on creating and improving these systems... i would recommend just integrating with them instead of building one from scratch itd save a hell lota development & db optimization time (and it'd fix the email portion of zurmo that some devs are trying to figure out cos u could juz use their email API ;)  )

I think we can add modules ourself there are instructions but not sure how the actual integration with other open source software works...

My personal inclination is to integrate with OTRS its pretty rugged.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: projects, management

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users