• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eric2XU

Eric2XU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

Just trucking along with the product, I do have a little bit of an issue though. My end users are computer dumb, under no circumstance should they ever delete a record, be it a lead, contact, op, account, etc...

It doesnt seem that the product out of the box can allow edit of the record but prohibit delete. However what about a custom modification to some of the php files? Even if delete is still there but doesnt do anything unless username = "admin" would be fine. I dont mind redoing that code each time the product upgrades. Its a huge road block to getting the business to adopt the platform. 

Just from some quick poking around it seems the code would need to be changed here?

DeleteButtonActionElement.php

DeleteLinkActionElement.php

BTW I dont need it to be 100% I just need it crippled for all users that are not "admin" on the list, edit, and details views. Oh and that bulk delete button needs to be crippled too, that things is insanely dangerous in the hands of my users. 

Thanks a ton for the help! Loving the product so far. 

-Eric

#2 windsor

windsor

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 272 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida USA

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Not sure what you are asking for, but highly doubtful ( and I'm not speaking for Zurmo, just IMHO) that this use case is going to be given serious consideration.  Not to say that your individual circumstances don't warrant such measures. Only that you might consider just making the modifications yourself since the more common scenario is for people to have the flexibility to delete records when needed. If you do it yourself, you might just want to disable/comment the elements in the views rather than modify the elements themselves. This way you can leave the code in the controller actions untouched as well and only worry about the views when it is time to upgrade. Others with more experience may have different views, as mentioned, it's only my opinion.

HTH

W. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users