#1 Rinck

Rinck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hi,

with Zurmo 2.6.5 it is possible to create a time-based workflow based on a certain time before or after a specific record field. Example: 1 day after the creation date of a record, perform action X.

What I would like to see added to it is the possibility to run periodic workflows without specifying a time trigger, but just selecting a regular trigger/filter.

Example use case: I have a custom opportunity identifier (let's just call this opportunity ID for now) which I have added as a custom field. Now, I want to copy this custom identifier to all related projects.

The problem is that when I use the existing functionality, the time based trigger is executed only once, so when I create a new project after the workflow has executed, it will no longer copy the ID to the project, unless I edit/save the opportunity once again or add an infinite amount of time triggers.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to run workflows periodically regardless of any time based triggers, just regular filters.

Different use case: sending task due date reminders. With the current functionality you would have to create a new workflow/time trigger for each reminder (7 days in advance, 6 days in advance, etc). If it would be possible to just select a trigger/filter, you could have reminders sent untill the task is actually closed/completed, without creating a bunch of workflows and time triggers.

Diply Business Solutions - Official Zurmo Partner in The Netherlands! - www.diply.nl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workflow, time-based

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users