9 replies to this topic

#1 Anshley

Anshley

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hi,

Just installed Zurmo and love this software.

i want to remove & customise some fields when a user enters a new opportunity.

i've loggin as super user and have gone to below path

Designer Home / Opportunities: Fields / Edit Field: Probability.

Unable to find any delete button.

Pls help

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

#2 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hi,

Just installed Zurmo and love this software.

i want to remove & customise some fields when a user enters a new opportunity.

i've loggin as super user and have gone to below path

Designer Home / Opportunities: Fields / Edit Field: Probability.

Unable to find any delete button.

Pls help

For standard fields you can remove them from layouts only. Normally i would say this would work, but for probability since it is required, you can't remove it from the detail/editview layout without the application getting mad.

One option is to customize the metadata to remove it from being required, this would require some coding. We will need to think about this further since this type of request for removing a required standard field comes up from time to time.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

#3 Anshley

Anshley

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

From a business perspective the user will not put an accurate figure in the probability field.

I get that from a database admin point of view, you can't delete a field as your database may lose its consistency.

Can i delete a custom field that i've created?

Thanks for your quick response and keep up the good work.

#4 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

We currently don't offer the ability via the user interface to remove custom fields. This is to make it easier to retain integrity across the system. However, if you made a custom field you can remove it from the serializedData in the globalmetadata table, then add ?clearCache=1 to a URL without any params in the app. This will pickup that change.

We will have to think more about probability since this field might not always need to be required. Thanks for your input so far.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

#5 wpg

wpg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

I haven't added any people to the oppurtunities yet and would very much like to remove the probability field if I remove the field from the table below will it get rid of it without causing issues?

E: If I can even make it non-manditory that would be great.

Posted Image

E2: I see in the function getDefaultMetadata /app/protected/modules/opportunities/models/Opportunity.php that the fields I want to change to non-manditory are marked as 'required' could I just change/remove from there?

I don't plan on updating Zurmo as it currently serves it's purpose for what I need it to do, apart from being able to remove/modify manditory fields.

Thanks and I await your reply.

#6 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

You can mark that field nonrequired imn metadata, and hide it from layout. Don't forget to run updateSchema command line command.
But don't remove field directly from database, that will not work.
  • wpg likes this

#7 wpg

wpg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Is there anyway I can take a field from 'contacts' such as 'primary address' to 'oppurtunities' without having to start from the beginning and add before installation?

#8 BgBarn

BgBarn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

You can mark that field nonrequired imn metadata, and hide it from layout. Don't forget to run updateSchema command line command.
But don't remove field directly from database, that will not work.

Please advise on how exactly to run this line. I've tried several different commands from in my zurmo directory and inside the command's directory.

Questions

• What directory do I need to be in?
  •         Currently I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 server internally on my network. my path to zurmo is: /var/www/zurmo
  • What command am I to use?
  •         I've tried "zurmoc updateSchema super" without success. I've tried running $php -q zurmoc UpdateSchemaCommand.php super, etc. I've even tried to input the line into the browser, to which brings me a blank page.

Please provide an update on how to use the command line for your product in this regard. So far it seems to be the perfect solution, even after trying sugarcrm and vtiger. However, the coding is different than what I've used thus far and help would be appreciated.

Thanks for creating such a great product!

#9 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

To run update schema command on Linux, go to app/protected/commands folder, and run command:

./zurmoc updateSchema super

Please note that you might need to add execute tag on zurmoc file, depending on your system settings:

chmod +x zurmoc

#10 gingerling

gingerling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

I would like to remove fields under industry, automotive etc. We run a pet shop, they are not really relevant. Also, I may need to remove ones I have made myself at some point, if the spelling is wrong or something. I would like more functionality here :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Opportunity, field, customisation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users