Photo

Reports - Extending the use of Date filters (default value: now)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 riwern

riwern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

I believe there is a missing key option when it comes to handling date fields in the reports module, specifically the filtering. Being forced to hardcode a value for "Before" or "After" might be considered an annoyance, but for the users having to constantly change this each time it's becoming an issue (subjectively speaking of course).

Now the issue lands on my desk and I as an administrator cannot ease their pain since there is no option as far as I have been able to find out to add a default value to "now" or "today" (or whatever is the most appropriate term for its use) for report filtering.

These kinds of filtering are especially useful for business selling services/subscriptions where you have an end date and you really want to know if they've been renewed, expired, etc not just for the last 7 days which is the "next best thing" right now. 

My humble request is to "simply" add the option of "today" to date field filters in reports.

#2 riwern

riwern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

Maybe I'm the only one using dates in reports but to dynamically have the options like "field before [[TODAY]]" or similar would save a lot of time with default values for my users. Even a field of "last X days" where you dynamically can add your own instead of 7 or 30 would be helpful.

Am I alone in actually using date fields in reports? :)

#3 BHruska

BHruska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

It drives me nuts that I can't search for a date field that is empty, or null.  Am I missing something.

Yesterday

Today

Tomorow

Before

After

On 

Between

Next 7 days

Last 7 days, 

etc.

But not blank?

#4 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

It drives me nuts that I can't search for a date field that is empty, or null.  Am I missing something.

Yesterday

Today

Tomorow

Before

After

On 

Between

Next 7 days

Last 7 days, 

etc.

But not blank?

Lol had the same issue some time ago. Should really be included.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users