2 replies to this topic

#1 bbergman

bbergman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

I've been having a discussion with our users about the value of conversations. They love having the conversations inside Zurmo, and they like that they're integrated with CRM processes.

That being said, at least 75% of the time, the conversations created involve groups of folks, and the users have to (1) know who is in which group, and (2) enter each name individually into the conversation. This makes it a hassle to create a conversation with more than a couple of people.

For more than about six users, they just bail on it and go back to email. Which is what we don't want.

I'd like to see conversations allow entry of groups (by name), roles (by name) and 'everyone'. This would offer more flexibility for teams and departments to leverage conversations for greater collaboration, while keeping it inside Zurmo. This is where it needs to be.

If you'd like to see this too, please help get this request into the pipeline!

Thanks,

Bruce

#2 bbergman

bbergman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Oh, c'mon! I can't possibly be the only other person or company looking for this feature, am I?

If I am, then I see only two reasons why this isn't getting any upvotes or +1's:

- no one is really using conversations (which is a shame, because it's a great social feature of Zurmo)

- no one is reading this forum

The third option - that I'm out of touch with reality - is one I'm just not willing to accept. :-)

IF YOU THINK CONVERSATIONS SHOULD ALLOW INCLUDING GROUPS OR "EVERYONE", then chime in, please! Let's get some support for this feature request.

Thanks!

bruce

#3 LineOf7s

LineOf7s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

I've just implemented Zurmo and am rolling it out to our sales guys as we speak, when someone asked me about starting conversations with 'everyone' or certain groups.  My search for how to do that led me here.

I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet.  It seems custom-made for the sort of user-friendliness and intuitiveness that Zurmo seems to be attempting to push to the forefront of its feature set.

Consider this STRONG support for the implementation of this idea (and healthy disbelief it needs to be asked for).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversations, groups, roles, inbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users