Szymon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

While trying to install Zurmo on remote server I got these:

Database max_sp_recursion_depth size is: 0 minimum requirement is: 20 FAIL
Database thread_stack value is: 196608 minimum requirement is: 524288 FAIL
Database optimizer_search_depth value is 62. It is required to be set to 0. FAIL

Since I have no way (no access) to meddle with database configuration I'm wondering if these requirements are really so necessary for Zurmo to run? I mean, is there any point in tracking these service checks and commenting them out just to pass the installation?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers

#2 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Those are required services, because we are using RedBean, so we can't manually optimize queries(actually we could, but that would limit flexibility, and using RedBean wouldn't have sense).
We will try to optimize those requirements before Zurmo GA(early December), but we are not sure yet if we will be able to remove ane requirements.

If you are interested, we can create private demo instance on our server, so you can test Zurmo.

#3 Szymon

Szymon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for your help, I configured everything locally for testing, just need to deploy it now.

I understand that ignoring these requirements would simply result in unoptimized quieries? If so, could you point me where could I disable these sql requirement?

#4 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Check CheckServicesUtil class, you can comment lines related to checking that you can't change. However, in this case, I strongly recommend you to run unit tests, to ensure that everything works fine.

#5 Szymon

Szymon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Worked like a charm :) Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: database, required, services, customize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users