4 replies to this topic

#1 dhew

dhew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

Hello!

Just started using Zurmo and poked around in the designer, but could not find what I was looking for. I see how to edit or add stages to an opportunity, but is there a way to create different types of opportunities, each with unique stages?

For example:

Opportunity 1 is "type" Product Sales. Stages could include things such as 1) needs analysis 2) product suggestions and pricing 3) negotiation

Opportunity 2 is "type" Custom Product. Stages could include 1) development agreement 2) product design 3) deposit for manufacturing

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

#2 Asaa

Asaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationQC, Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hi,

Stages are part of the core concept of the Opportunity model so messing with the core concept would require a serious amount of custom development in the core files, I would not recommend this approach, instead i would suggest add new fields to the opportunity (with the designer).

this will help you
http://zurmo.org/tut...ndent-pick-list

You could add dependent pick list for types etc.

#3 dhew

dhew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was just looking and experimenting with that field type. However, after setting it up like that help doc. I can't add the field to the edit and layout view. When I try, I get an error:

"All fields placed must be unique. Two of the placed fields: Status by Opportunity Type and Opportunity Type contain the same fields."

What am I doing incorrectly, as I the dependent field "Status by Opportunity Type" needs to have "Opportunity Type" on the layout as well correct...how else would the dependent field know which options to show?

Thanks! 

#4 Asaa

Asaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationQC, Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

The pick list you add in the dependent pick list are contained in the dependent pick list themselves IE: you create a pick list called: "test pick list 1" and then another called: "test pick list 2" and then create a dependent pick list in which "test pick list 2" depends on the first one.

After you save those field and go on the layout panel:

You will see 3 new fields, the 2 normal pick list and the dependent one, you must add only the dependent one which contains the other 2. You cannot add the other 2 normal ones because like the error said each field must be unique.

I hope this helps! 

#5 dhew

dhew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Thanks Asaa, that helps and is exactly what I was needing!

A bit confusing that a "dependent" pick list would require the list it is dependent on to be excluded from the layout.

It makes sense after you've done it once and see that the dependent pick list includes the source lists automatically in the layout, but the help doc doesn't explicitly state this...and the designer allows you to select/place pick lists that are sources for dependent lists.

Cleared up now though. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users