• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jschinnerer

jschinnerer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

Platform: Zurmo 2.8.0 on Debian 7 (wheezy) on linode VPS.

1. Installed per installation docs, without memcache, as it was not installed on server.
  2. Install worked, started testing for suitability to our needs, but was too slow to be usable.
  3. Installed packages memcached and php5-memcache on server.
  4. Then configured Zurmo instance to use memcache, as described here (edited relevant config files): http://zurmo.org/wik...ystem-explained
  5. Then restared apache, memcached, mysql.
  6. Logged in as super user - saw significant performance improvements on cached actions and no problems as super user.
  7. Logged in as ordinary user - Zurmo throws security errors on attempts to access data that existed previous to memcache install and config.

Sample error from application.log - just trying to look at accounts listing right after logging in - user had no errors on this prior to adding memcache:

------------------

2014/09/24 21:24:09 [error] [exception.AccessDeniedSecurityException] exception 'AccessDeniedSecurityException' in /our-path-to/zurmo/app/protected/modules/zurmo/models/SecurableItem.php:499

Stack trace:
#0 /our-path-to/zurmo/app/protected/modules/zurmo/models/OwnedSecurableItem.php(461): SecurableItem->checkPermissionsHasAnyOf(1, Object(User))
...big long stack trace...

REQUEST_URI=/zurmo/app/index.php/accounts/default
HTTP_REFERER=http://our-path-to/z...e/default/index

------------------

Additional info:

• Clearing cache temporarily removes this error in some cases, not in others; error returns on second attempt to access pre-existing data in most cases, always returns eventually.
  • Also tried Admin->Developer tools->Rebuild security cache - did not fix, no effect/no benefit, same errors in same situations.

Related:

#2 jschinnerer

jschinnerer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

OK, seven weeks since I posted this bug. Zero response, despite 228 views (others having trouble with memcache?)

Leads me to conclude that memcache support, despite being essential to basic usability, is not a priority of this project's leaders.

Also that Zurmo is not viable for production use for our business, when a bug on basic usability goes unaddressed for seven weeks.

#3 anidea

anidea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

I agree.  Been looking for a solution for a while.  Super user works fine.  Sub group user/roles crash constantly.   Kind of stinks.  Great program otherwise.  I just run it with the service stopped and it works pretty good, but slower.

#4 Burke

Burke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, GA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

Having same issues, 

all users but users in Superusers group  see SecurableItem.php:499  related errors,  anyone interested in forking this product and and putting some real effort into cleaning up the mess?  if we could reduce the bugs this would be a great open source platform and contender for alternatives to sugar vtiger etc.  as it sstands I would think the issues would drive away not attract most people to their paid platform,  i know it would be hard for me right now to be willing to pay for a product on the "promise" that it would not have the same issues you see in the open source version.

hoping for the best and certainly wiling to help contribute to the development of a more stable product, if someone from Zurmo.org would be willing to reach back out.

#5 Burke

Burke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, GA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:52 AM

does anyone know if this has been looked and if so, if there has been any progress made on resolving this?

#6 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

Please check this solution I posted a while ago, I think it's a simple solution to this problem, seems similar.

http://zurmo.org/for...ion/#entry15809

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users