2 replies to this topic

#1 bbergman

bbergman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

We've got an frustrating adoption problem that I need some help with. As more and more of our folks are starting to use Zurmo, they're overwhelmed with the number of leads/contacts in the default view. It's so overwhelming that some of them refuse to use the product. Since they are all volunteers, it's disheartening to hear about this, and have to deal with the pushback and complaints.

Obviously, education would help. Like showing them how to create a Saved Search that shows only their leads. We've done that. But a new user is still inundated with leads at the start, and it's tough for them to get going when they feel overwhelmed.

Can anyone on the Zurmo team (or other customers) offer suggestions on how to get around this? Here are the options I've come up with so far:

1) Instruct new users on how to do a Saved Search for "only my" leads, and tell them they MUST do searches this way every time. A little draconian, but it might be the only option if #2 and #3 fail.

2) Revert the ownership of "who can read and write" to only the owner for all leads in the system so far. Other than having them manually do this to every lead they've entered, is there a way to mass-update these? I don't see a field for "rights" that I can add to the mass-update view...

3) Modify the source code to lock the lead list down to only the owner. Not ideal, and it will require me to maintain the fix going forward, but it's a direct fix right now. I don't have any idea of where to start on this, however. I am versant in Java, though. Where would this code reside?

Any other ideas from folks? I seriously need some help here, or we're going to lose our staff to another product, and I just don't want to see that happen.

Thanks,

Bruce

#2 bbergman

bbergman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

Follow-up question:

There is a per-user Configuration setting for "who can read and write - default", that I can set to "Owner" for all users. That would help with creation of new leads going forward. However, I also can't find a way to mass-update the user records. I would prefer not to go through every user and change this for them. :)

Is there a way to do this for every user? I'm quite happy to write a SQL update to do this, if I knew which columns to affect...

Thanks,

Bruce

#3 bbergman

bbergman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Okay, so this has been viewed quite a number of times, but no reply. Should I take that to mean there's no way to do this, and no one has insight into the code where this occurs?

Thanks,

bruce

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leads, default, filter, mass-update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users