9 replies to this topic

#1 pmontanez

pmontanez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:05 AM

Dear Zurmo Team & Community,

First of all I want to thank you, for such nice application that you guys had put together, I've being looking for an open source CRM for years without luck, until Now!! 

Now I'm testing the workflow capabilities, but I'm getting stock when trying to add Merge tags to a related Task while creating a workflow. Now my question is:

1- is it really possible to add merge tags to a Task /Project into workflows ?   (I'm assuming Yes, since the Help Link is display on the Task construction Workflow page, See attachment)

2 - IF its possible,then, what is the correct syntax of the merge tag ( I have tried so many without luck yet)

Lets say that I'm creating a Related Task for my  Accounts, Since I need to display the name of the account on my Task Name I have tried the follow options:

[[__NAME]]  

[[ACCOUNT__NAME]]

[[ACCOUNTS__NAME]]

[[ACCOUNT_NAME]]

Thanking you guys in advance for any help !!!!

Regards,

Attached Thumbnails

• ZurmoCRM   Workflows- merge tag.png

#2 drmmarsunited

drmmarsunited

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:20 AM

I am curious about the exact same thing.  I would like to use the account name in the title or description of a task, but can't find the right merge tag for it, assuming it can be done (as you said).

#3 oldrose

oldrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

[[NAME]] is all you need if your workflow is based on an Account update.

#4 pmontanez

pmontanez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

OldRose,

Thanks for above but it my case does not work. Besides Module Task and Accounts both have same "Name"  field name property. Any other Idea, perhaps any log file where I can take a look?  

#5 oldrose

oldrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

What module, trigger and action are you using?

The creation of a task with the Account Name works perfectly for me on 2.8.5 with Accounts as the module, no triggers and Create Task as the action.

#6 pmontanez

pmontanez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

Oldrose,

I'm using the opportunity module, and the trigger is a date field, So basically I'm using the time-based workflow and then Select Action -->Create Related -->Account --> Task  then filled with all related info but unfortunately no merge task worked under the above scenario.

Now the purpose of the workflow is to create a related Task (Accounts) 10 days prior to the due day for x Opportunity.

Thanks Again for any hint !!

Attached Thumbnails

• Workflows 1.png
  • Workflows 3.png
  • Workflows 4.png
  • Workflows 2.png
  • Workflows2-5.png

#7 oldrose

oldrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:08 AM

[[ACCOUNT__NAME]] works fine for me. Are you sure your're adding the account name to the opportunity? 

#8 pmontanez

pmontanez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Oldrose,

It finally worked for the Account Name, Although just worked on the TASK NAME line, IF I try to add the same Tag on  the TASK Description it doesn't which is strange. Now if I try to do just a TASK ( no related since the trigger Module is Opportunities) then the TAG  [[OPPORTUNITY__NAME]] does not work.  Any Ideas on that? 

#9 oldrose

oldrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

Hmm.

These tags work fine for me.

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 7.18.33 am.png Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 7.19.45 am.png

Because you're using Opportunity as the Module you only need [[NAME]] to get the opportunity name

#10 pmontanez

pmontanez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:22 PM

Oldrose,

Yes, finally works. Now i don't know if its a bug or not but above does not work if you change name to the module. Also its important to clear Zurmo cache after you change module or change any field name. 

Hope that it help someone & and thanks Oldrose for your assistance. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merge Tags, Task, Workflow, Task Workflow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users