3 replies to this topic

#1 cjanatole

cjanatole

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hello,

I am currently having 2 issues with email using zurmo.

1- The first issue is with the EmailArchiving job.
The JobManager admin is telling me that the job is stuck. It has been for several hours. When I try and reset the job, I get one message saying
that the job was reset, then afterwards I get a second message saying that the job was not stuck, and no reset was done.
I do not see any such process on my server at all, so I can not manually stop it from the command line.
I have tried to run the job manually and save the output to a file.
The only information in the output file is as follows:
Script will run at most for 300 seconds.

12/17/12 10:45 AM America/New_York Starting job type: EmailArchiving
Info - Existing job detected
12/17/12 10:45 AM America/New_York Ending job type: EmailArchiving

Do you have any idea what is going on, and how can I fix this so that the job run as it is supposed to?

2- The second issue I am having is with sending mail via smtp.
I have setup a mail user on my server called dropbox which is the default smtp user.

I have also setup mail users for all the users in Zurmo.
When I send a test message from a user, ie: super, I get a error which states:

553 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: not owned by user superuser@cjanatole.com

This is confirmed in my mail.log as follows, it seems that zurmo is always sending mail out as dropbox (default) as opposed to the user that is actually sending the mail:

Dec 17 11:58:47 flipper postfix/smtpd[2118]: connect from flipper.cjanatole.com[198.96.94.39]
Dec 17 11:58:47 flipper postfix/smtpd[2118]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from flipper.cjanatole.com[198.96.94.39]: 553 5.7.1 <dropbox@cjanatole.com>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user superuser@cjanatole.com; from=<dropbox@cjanatole.com> to=<clive@cjanatole.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<cjanatole.com>
Dec 17 11:58:47 flipper postfix/smtpd[2118]: disconnect from flipper.cjanatole.com[198.96.94.39]

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Clive

#2 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

1. About email archiving job, once you start this process(via command line or cron) it will last 300 seconds, and during this time, you can restart job, no matter if stuck or not. Once 300 seconds pass, you should be able to restart this process, if it is still stuck.
When setting email archiving settings in admin, you have option to test connection, please test it, to ensure that your connection parameters are correct.

2. As you are sending test email, it is always sent from super user, because only admin can change this email. For example this are used to email users that some critical job stuck and similar. So error is probably result of some invalid SMTP settings in Zurmo SMTP configurations.

#3 cjanatole

cjanatole

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Ivica,

Thank you for your reponse. So if I understand correctly, only super users (administrators) are allowed to actually send an email via Zurmo, normal users who would like to email a contact must use a separate email client ie: Thunderbird. Is that correct?

Also, regarding the email archiving job, I have tested the connection and I can connect to my IMAP server successfully. I have re-run the job manually, and it appears that the job has run, but according to the Zurmo Job Manager Home screen, the job has not run since 12/17/12 7:57am. Do you have any idea why the job status fails to update?

Lastly, is there a way to flush out the Zurmo outbox? When the Process Outbound email job is running I am getting those errors in my mail.log file about the mailbox not being owned by the correct user. I am wondering if those errors will go away if I can clean out the outbox of Zurmo?

Thanks for the help.

#4 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Job should usually ccomplete within minute or so, except if you got many messages in you email acrhiving account.

Job status should complete after job start, and also change once when job complete. So, I don't have why your job is not completed. Are you sure that job is started correctly?

No, you can't clean outbox from Zurmo, when ZUrmo read IMAP messages, it doesn't delete them. We just update timestamp when we picked email messages, so next time when we run email archiving job, only messages that arrived after this time will be picked.

I suggest you to try to run unit tests, to ensure that everything is working correctly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: email Archiving, smtp, sending emails, email errors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users