1 reply to this topic

#1 BradPhillips

BradPhillips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:47 AM

I have created a workflow that will email the owner of a contact if someone else adds a note to that contact.  What I can't figure out is how to add a merge tag field in the email that relates to the contact.

I am using the Notes module in the email template and am able to add the description of the note, who created the note and when it was created, but then I only get something like this:

"A note has been added by Ted Bundy at 02-10-15.  The note is below.

Jake called. Call him back."

The problem with this is there could be 100 Jakes in the system.  How can I get the email to say something like this:

"A note has been added to your contact, Jake Smith, by Ted Bundy at 02-10-15.  The note is below.

Jake called. Call him back."

This way the owner of the contact knows exactly which record to go to when they login to the system.

Bonus points if we could add a URL that would take them directly to that contact record!

#2 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Hi, I did it like this:

<p>
	    Dear [[OWNER__FIRST^NAME]],
</p>
<p>
	 <br/><span style="font-size: 11px;"><em>At [[CREATED^DATE^TIME]] new note:</em></span>
</p>
<p>
	 <br/><strong>[[ACCOUNT__NAME]]</strong> / <strong>[[CONTACT__FIRST^NAME]] [[CONTACT__LAST^NAME]]</strong><br/>_________________________________________
</p>
<p>
	    [[DESCRIPTION]]
</p>
<p>
</p>

Hope this helps!

PS: if there is NO account (or NO contact), the link will still display, but with a negative account/contact parameter in the url. So this url will not work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merge tags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users