• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 danwaterloo

danwaterloo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

In my business ( a small lettershop), I have opportunities that turn into orders ( a mailing job, consisting of 3 to 5 tasks). 

I'm trying to setup a workflow so that when an opportunity is saved as 'closed/won', then it would create a small project, consisting of the 3 to 5 tasks, that would would have the same name as the opportunity. 

Is there a way to clone an existing project template, and automatically name it, via a workflow?

I would like this to be automatic, if at all possible.

Thanks!

#2 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

What exactly is it that you have problems with? I think what you ask is possible; go to workflows, create new (on save), model "opportunities", trigger "status becomes closed/won". Next, create new project. Not sure if you could name it the same but you"ll have to look for merge tags like [[OPPORTUNITY^NAME]] or something equivalent, etc....

Please try something along those lines first and let us know where you get problems. Right now your question is too vague. Good luck. ;)

#3 Conficio

Conficio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:14 AM

Similar questions, situation here. I'd like to create a new project when a product (in a particular category) gets created. When I set up trigger product + product category name, then I see no Project in the action list for either Create or Create Releated.

Using Zurmo OSS 3.0

#4 danwaterloo

danwaterloo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

I'm back on this issue again.

Here is the background...

I send a quote for a small project to a customer. I then add the contact in the system, and create an opportunity.

At some later point in time, I will mark the opportunity as won - 100%.

I would like to create a new project, with the name of the opportunity, and associated with the account and having 5 or 6 tasks.

Currently I am opening a previous project, cloning it, and editing it to match the account/contact/etc.

I also have a couple of project templates, each setup with tasks appropriate for that project.

I have created a workflow that creates the project with the proper name, but am looking to also automate the entry of the account and the person, and adding the tasks.

Any Suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks, Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users