Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#22 todd.harrison

todd.harrison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

EDIT:  Ooops, I didn't see the second page of this with a link to the tracking doc.  :)  Sorry!  But I notice that it's put in for development for a MANY_MANY relationship between contacts and accounts...  does this preclude associations between accounts?

My original post below:

===========================

I've been following this thread recently, and have to voice my interest in this exact same feature request.

We have the following situations:

1)  A company which uses our service has that service paid for by an external sponsor.  We need a way to link the end user of our service with the company who has paid for this service.  Both of these entities are entered into Zurmo as accounts.

2)  Most companies using our service are members of other organisations whom we have strategic relationships with.  We need a way to link those accounts together as well.

We're pretty flexible on how we set this up, but the basic functionality seems to be fairly necessary for what seems to be a significant portion of Zurmo users.

Does anyone know if there's been a decision made on this by the devs, and if so, what that decision is?

Thanks again,

Todd

#23 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

EDIT:  Ooops, I didn't see the second page of this with a link to the tracking doc.   :)  Sorry!  But I notice that it's put in for development for a MANY_MANY relationship between contacts and accounts...  does this preclude associations between accounts?

My original post below:

===========================

I've been following this thread recently, and have to voice my interest in this exact same feature request.

We have the following situations:

1)  A company which uses our service has that service paid for by an external sponsor.  We need a way to link the end user of our service with the company who has paid for this service.  Both of these entities are entered into Zurmo as accounts.

2)  Most companies using our service are members of other organisations whom we have strategic relationships with.  We need a way to link those accounts together as well.

We're pretty flexible on how we set this up, but the basic functionality seems to be fairly necessary for what seems to be a significant portion of Zurmo users.

Does anyone know if there's been a decision made on this by the devs, and if so, what that decision is?

Thanks again,

Todd

We are allocating all of our resources in our 2.2 and 2.5 releases so we are pushing everything else aside. You can still track this feature request here.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#24 item

item

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Dear,
I come from SugarCrm, i have implement it on many customer and i have some skill with sugar, but i am very impressioned with zurmo !
I have try it yesterday and Great job, nice feature, yours live session is great for community ..but (yes i have a but)

In a Crm, a account "must" have a many-many contact relationship.
This is the "need" why i don't switch to zurmo.
For me specialy, we need too have more than one "owner" of record, not a group because we works by 2 or 3 and it's depend on account.

A crm need too a shared calendar...and some custom field on relationship table like date_start, date_end, rôle or other field.

SugarCrm have a "studio" (designer in zurmo) who give ability to create easily new module and all kind of relationship...but if some live session and some wiki sample on how make new module is enough for develloper.

This is my view of zurmo, but i am impressioned with zurmo.

Regards

#25 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

This indeed is a very nice feature to have, a must have even, to stand out even more compared to other crm solutions. I'm already sold to Zurmo, it's a great software solution but this is currently a big shortcoming. Hopefully implementing this feature will be done soon, now that we have progressed to 2.7 already!

#26 speixoto

speixoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

This is already implemented. If you go to the contacts details view you can add the portlet "Account Affiliations". From there you can add multiple accounts to a contact.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, contact, multiple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users