• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hynes

hynes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I successfully upgraded from 0.7.8 to 0.8.0 replacing the zurmo files and running the zurmoc updateschema admin, deleting cache, etc.  However, when I upgrade from 0.8.0 to 0.8.5 following the same steps the upgrade goes smoothly but I've lost the notes from latest activities. I've done the upgrade twice and had the same results both times.  I'm doing this on Win 2008 R2 server, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3.21, MySQL 5.5.  Here are the overall steps I've taken if that helps:

11) Backup config/perinstance.php & debug.php and make a backup copy of the entire APP    directory

12) Overwrite the entire 0.8.0 Zurmo folder with the 0.8.5 version.
13) Copy the perinstance.php and debug.php files back into the config directory
14) From C:\zurmodev\app\protected\commands\ run the following to update the zurmo db schema:
 zurmoc updateschema admin
15) Clear the contents from assets/ folder and also runtime/minScript/cache
16) Execute the following upon login:
 ?clearCache=1 
 ?resolveCustomData=1
17) Make sure to hold shift on the browser to refresh the JS/CSS. You might have to do this a few times.
18) Help - About Zurmo - confirm it's 0.8.5
18) IISReset if needed.

Follow steps 11-18 to upgrade from 0.7.8 - 0.8.0 (activities not lost)
Follow steps 11-18 to upgrade from 0.8.0 - 0.8.5 (activities lost)

After I log in, I search for any account I added notes to, open the account, scroll down to the bottom of the page, look at Latest Activities (Mine or Everyone) | All activities and no results found.  Any idea's what I'm doing wrong?   

#2 hynes

hynes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I also wanted to add that I know the site states that your supposed to use the upgrade files when upgrading from 0.8.0 to 0.8.5 but there is no 'upgrade' folder in 0.8.0 under app/protected/runtime/

...this is confusing when no upgrade folder exists so I used the steps listed above with the zip package that I downloaded from sourcefourge.net.

To upgrade your Zurmo instance, download the latest zipped stable upgrade to the app/protected/runtime/upgrade folder. Be sure to delete any other files that exist in this folder before proceeding.

#3 hynes

hynes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Never mind, I figured this out.  I manually created the upgrade folder in the runtime directory, copied the ZurmoUpgrade_0.8.00-0.8.50.zip file in that directory and ran the commands listed in your upgrade documentation and now I can see the latest activities, my bad.

#4 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

OK, great Matt. Glad you got it working. Thanks for sharing. When others have issues, perhaps they can learn from your experience.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users