Photo

Hello from a UX student interested in gamification.

UX gamification

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zack Cohn

Zack Cohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:00 PM

Hi!

I was looking around for a platform that I could use for a personal (and hopefully portfolio) project I'm working on.  

My friends and I play a game called Magic and we have a fairly comprehensive set of house rules.  Since the group meets at a local shop and is open to new players the goal is to create a fun, approachable, enjoyable event for entrenched and new players.  The house rules are basically a point system designed to effect the way people play to curb strategies that many players find distasteful/overpowered/etc.   At the end of each month (season) the points are entered into a raffle as a means of incentive to follow it.  In its current state it is somewhat used but also considered very low impact. 

I'm hoping to use this platform to create a website to turn what is currently a spreadsheet showing total positive and negative points into a fully gamified system with badges, point tracking, achievements, a place to store documents (rather than a Facebook page), and a way for players to be more engaged, aware, and actively try to accomplish things that would help the group.  There would be one to two moderators capable of editing the majority of it.

Is this a feasible idea?  It seems simple enough to design and I've got some rough sketches (but I'm early in the design process and still gathering research material).  Has anyone done something similar with the platform?  I'd love to know and get your feedback, thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UX, gamification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users