6 replies to this topic

#1 joelsmall

joelsmall

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Hi,

I'm around halfway through my import of leads into Zurmo, and have been having some frustration with the process.  Mainly, I often get the Internal Server Error which, from a data input perspective, does not appear to show any real consistency as to cause.

I have seen in other forum posts that the apache logs are meant to show more detail on this error, though checking my logs I don't see any detail.  As such, I am essentially blind in diagnosing the problem.

I don't see a lot of posts about import issues, so perhaps I am the only one.  To help me diagnose, could you please tell me the following:

1. Are the errors in question Apache errors on PHP errors.  What error level/type are they?
  2. What is the preferred type of CSV used in relation to,
    1. encoding: (UTF, ANSI)
    2. Format (WIN, DOS, LINUX)
  3. Are there known errors with particular characters in fields?
  4. Are there known common causes to the Internal Server Error?

This information would go a long way to help me import all of this data, and hopefully future users too!

Thanks,

Joel.

#2 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Which version of Zurmo are you using?

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

#3 joelsmall

joelsmall

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Application Info

This is version 1.0.0 of Zurmo.

Zurmo uses the following great Open Source tools and frameworks:

#4 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

There were some import issues we fixed in 1.0.2.  I assume though, when you are getting the 500 error, it is in the ajax calls being made?  If so you can turn on debug=true in debug.php,   then add ?clearCache=1 somewhere in the app and browse a few pages. Then you can go and try import.  You will get a stack trace which will provide more info you can paste as an attachment.  You can use firebug in firefox if you are not already, to see those stacktraces.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

#5 joelsmall

joelsmall

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the added info.  Here is the stacktrace

<h1>PHP Error [2]</h1> 
<p>Illegal string offset 'importRulesType' (/var/www/zurmo/app/protected/modules/import/utils/ImportWizardUtil.php:209)</p> 
<pre>#0 /var/www/zurmo/app/protected/modules/import/utils/ImportWizardUtil.php(209): WebApplication->handleError() #1 /var/www/zurmo/app/protected/modules/import/controllers/DefaultController.php(541): clearFileAndRelatedDataFromImport() #2 unknown(0): ImportDefaultController->actionUploadFile() #3 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/actions/CAction.php(107): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs() #4 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/actions/CInlineAction.php(48): CInlineAction->runWithParamsInternal() #5 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CController.php(309): CInlineAction->runWithParams() #6 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(134): ImportDefaultController->runAction() #7 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilter.php(41): CFilterChain->run() #8 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(131): RightsControllerFilter->filter() #9 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CController.php(292): CFilterChain->run() #10 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CController.php(266): ImportDefaultController->runActionWithFilters() #11 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(283): ImportDefaultController->run() #12 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(142): WebApplication->runController() #13 /var/www/zurmo/yii/framework/base/CApplication.php(162): WebApplication->processRequest() #14 /var/www/zurmo/app/protected/core/components/WebApplication.php(48): WebApplication->run() #15 /var/www/zurmo/app/index.php(56): WebApplication->run() </pre>

Following this back, i can see the general area where the issue is occurring, though still no more enlightened as to why.

#6 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

Do you know specifically what step you are having this problem at? Or what is the action you last clicked on which specific step?  This would be helpful.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team

#7 joelsmall

joelsmall

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Hi, step 2 of 6 for lead imports.  As you say, it's during the ajax request when i attach the file.  I see the loading widget, and instead of seeing the file itself, i see the Internal Server Error message instead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: import, leads, internal server error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users