#1 Aputsiaq Janussen

Aputsiaq Janussen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hi, 

After the first effort to translate Zurmo, I am in doubt on how to go about verifying the translation.

Obviously installing version 1.0 and 1.1 in separate installations on my own can be done - but soon after an installation of 1.5 and so on. I have applied for a trial installation for the Danish translation team, in order to verify that the first translation is acceptable. This will work in the short term for the Danish, but perhaps not in the long term.

ONE INSTALLATION PER RELEASE
On the long term I sugges a central demo installation for the translators. So what I suggest would be there being a demo for version 1.0, version 1.1, version 1.5, and so on. Each installation should have these user as default:

• "super-bosnian" and "jim-bosnian"
  • "super-bulgarian" and "jim-bulgarian"
  • "super-chinese" and "jim-chinese"
  • "super-turkish" and "super-turkish"

Perhaps at an address like:

It would be great, since one single installation per stable realease is now covering all the language teams needs for a live installation of various releases.

COMMON TERMINOLOGY
For the local Danish team I've started a terminology list, but at a very basic level. In order to understand how the different parts of Zurmo functions, the documentation wiki in English is great. I don't have an idea on how to improve this for now, but perhaps you guys can enlighten me here. :-)

Best regards,
Aputsiaq Janussen, Danish translation team

Best regards,
Aputsiaq Janussen
-------
May the force - composed of free software - be with you

#2 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

this is a good idea. i will need to discuss this and figure out how we can make this easy for you guys.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: translation, quality check, l10n

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users