Photo

Database upgrade not completed. Please try again later.

database designer opportunities

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 lilbiscuit

lilbiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Got this error and can no longer access Zurmo:

"Database upgrade not completed. Please try again later."

This happend when attempting to save an opportunity layout in designer. The field added was a custom field. 

This error was immediately preceded by a memcache "connection refused" error (which I seem to get periodically if traversing through Zurmo quickly).

So ... my Zurmo installation is dead in the water. I will try some tests....

#2 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

That is strange indeed. If you can run the tests perhaps they will show what caused the issue.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#3 windsor

windsor

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 272 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida USA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

I got same error today after attempting to save a cusotm model layout cloned from account layout in designer. also added new custom (text)  field. I had to restore database to recover.

Starting schema update process.
Info - Sample model User-> 2 deleted.
Info - Sample model Currency-> 2 deleted.
Info - Sample model Group-> 4 deleted.
Info - Sample model Role-> 1 deleted.
Info - Sample model EmailBox-> 1 deleted.
Info - Sample model EmailFolder-> 1 deleted.
Info - Sample model EmailAccount-> 1 deleted.
Info - Sample model EmailMessage-> 1 deleted.
exception 'FailedAssertionException' with message '$lastBean->id > 0' in .../app/protected/core/models/RedBeanModel.php:464
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: assertFailureInCli('......', 464, '$lastBean->id >...')
#1 ...app/protected/core/models/RedBeanModel.php(464): assert('$lastBean->id >...')
#2 ...app/protected/core/models/RedBeanModel.php(3059): RedBeanModel->__construct(true, Object(RedBean_OODBBean), false)
#3 ...app/protected/core/models/RedBeanModel.php(1287): RedBeanModel::makeModel(Object(RedBean_OODBBean), 'OwnedCustomFiel...')
#4 ...app/protected/core/models/CustomFieldsModel.php(48): RedBeanModel->unrestrictedGet('type')
#5 ...app/protected/modules/zurmo/models/OwnedSecurableItem.php(36): CustomFieldsModel->constructDerived(Object(RedBean_OODBBean), true)
#6 ...app/protected/core/models/RedBeanModel.php(473): OwnedSecurableItem->constructDerived(Object(RedBean_OODBBean), true)
#7 ...app/protected/core/models/RedBeanModel.php(3059): RedBeanModel->__construct(true, Object(RedBean_OODBBean), false)
#8 ...app/protected/core/models/RedBeanModel.php(389): RedBeanModel::makeModel(Object(RedBean_OODBBean), 'Psscase')
#9 ...app/protected/core/utils/RedBeanDatabaseBuilderUtil.php(314): RedBeanModel::getById(5)
#10 ...app/protected/core/utils/RedBeanDatabaseBuilderUtil.php(226): RedBeanDatabaseBuilderUtil::deleteSampleModelFromStatePersisterAndDatabase('Psscase', 5, Object(MessageLogger))
#11 ...app/protected/core/utils/RedBeanDatabaseBuilderUtil.php(79): RedBeanDatabaseBuilderUtil::deleteAllSampleModelsFromStatePersisterAndDatabase(Object(MessageLogger))
#12 ...app/protected/modules/install/utils/InstallUtil.php(618): RedBeanDatabaseBuilderUtil::autoBuildModels(Array, Object(MessageLogger))
#13.../app/protected/modules/install/utils/InstallUtil.php(1038): InstallUtil::autoBuildDatabase(Object(MessageLogger))
#14 ...app/protected/commands/UpdateSchemaCommand.php(80): InstallUtil::runAutoBuildFromUpdateSchemaCommand(Object(MessageLogger))
#15 ...yii/framework/console/CConsoleCommandRunner.php(67): UpdateSchemaCommand->run(Array)
#16...yii/framework/console/CConsoleApplication.php(91): CConsoleCommandRunner->run(Array)
#17 ...yii/framework/base/CApplication.php(169): CConsoleApplication->processRequest()
#18 ...app/protected/commands/bootstrap.php(50): CApplication->run()
#19 ...app/protected/commands/zurmoc.php(28): require_once('......')
#20 ...app/protected/commands/zurmoc(4): require_once('......')

#4 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

This is not good. I will have a developer take a look. At the very worst, we can chat about this on the Dev Session next week.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#5 Ivica

Ivica

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Can you explain us what exactly you tried to do(which fields, which values), so we can try to reproduce this error.

#6 varun21

varun21

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

I added a new field to task called priority with picklist values Highest, Normal & Low and saved and got this error.

#7 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

I added a new field to task called priority with picklist values Highest, Normal & Low and saved and got this error.

Can you give us the specific steps that caused this error to happen?

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#8 varun21

varun21

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

I didn't have any cache (APC/memcache). went to designer > tasks > Fields > crete new pick list > name "priority"

values high normal low and clicked save. I on WAMP. (Installed everything manually)

#9 Stafford

Stafford

Zurmo Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hi Varun,

It looks like you have several questions. 

Today we have a dev session at 10AM US Central Time. 

If you can attend, our lead developers can help you with everything then. 

http://zurmo.org/for...arning-session/

#10 varun21

varun21

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Sorry, missed the session. I've now turned on notifications in my profile so that I'll get a notification mail. Looking forward to the next developer meet (and very eager to have progect management and case management - it is a must).

#11 pojunis

pojunis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

I too have this exact error.

I was in the Designer/Contact. I created a custom field. Then I realized I created the wrong type of field and I was unable to delete it. So I created a new custom field that used the exact same name ("topic"). It was stuck for a while and then I received the (Database upgrade not completed. Please try again later." error.

I would greatly appreciate some help as I have some people starting with the database tomorrow and we have over 800 contacts in  there. However, just about anything  you suggest is likely going to be outside of my pay grade and my go to developer is out of town for about 10 days. If you can get me back online I can shoot you over the Log files. 

#12 Stafford

Stafford

Zurmo Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for letting us know about it. We're looking into it and will get back to you guys as soon as we know what's up. 

#13 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

I too have this exact error.

I was in the Designer/Contact. I created a custom field. Then I realized I created the wrong type of field and I was unable to delete it. So I created a new custom field that used the exact same name ("topic"). It was stuck for a while and then I received the (Database upgrade not completed. Please try again later." error.

I would greatly appreciate some help as I have some people starting with the database tomorrow and we have over 800 contacts in  there. However, just about anything  you suggest is likely going to be outside of my pay grade and my go to developer is out of town for about 10 days. If you can get me back online I can shoot you over the Log files. 

Are you hosting this on your own servers? We can set you up with a trial if needed: http://zurmo.com/free-trial. Not sure we will have it up in time. With our commercial versions, we can easily correct issues like this: http://zurmo.com/pricing

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#14 chrisedwards

chrisedwards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

I ran into this today. I was adding an option to a pick list and memcached connection failed during update. Memcached server had crashed and was not running. Zurmo went into "Database upgrade not completed" mode.

Backed up database, ran zurmoc updateschema super and everything was mostly working fine. Found a invalid metadata entry in contactstate, not sure if it was related or not, but fixed that and everything is working now.

I'm guessing maybe the memcached server failed between when the page was loaded and when the field was updated. Also of note was that I had loaded the designer view to edit the field and then left to do something else, so it was 10 minutes before I came back and actually edited the field. I'm not sure if maybe there was a session timeout or cache timeout or something during this time that may have contributed.

#15 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

Thanks for the heads up Chris. We need to see what is going on here.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#16 pojunis

pojunis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

I ran into this today. I was adding an option to a pick list and memcached connection failed during update. Memcached server had crashed and was not running. Zurmo went into "Database upgrade not completed" mode.

Backed up database, ran zurmoc updateschema super and everything was mostly working fine. Found a invalid metadata entry in contactstate, not sure if it was related or not, but fixed that and everything is working now.

I'm guessing maybe the memcached server failed between when the page was loaded and when the field was updated. Also of note was that I had loaded the designer view to edit the field and then left to do something else, so it was 10 minutes before I came back and actually edited the field. I'm not sure if maybe there was a session timeout or cache timeout or something during this time that may have contributed.

Chris - How exactly do you do this?  I am not really a programmer, but I can figure most things out.  I am using cpanel, I backed up all my db's but I do not know how to do the rest of it.  If you wouldn't mind telling me exactly what to do I would apprecaite it very much.

So specifically, how do I:

1. restart memcached
  2. httpd
  3. run zurmoc updateschema super

Do I do this through cpanel? phpMyAdmin? And where do I find them?

Thanks for your help!

#17 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

If you

Chris - How exactly do you do this?  I am not really a programmer, but I can figure most things out.  I am using cpanel, I backed up all my db's but I do not know how to do the rest of it.  If you wouldn't mind telling me exactly what to do I would apprecaite it very much.

So specifically, how do I:

1. restart memcached
  2. httpd
  3. run zurmoc updateschema super

Do I do this through cpanel? phpMyAdmin? And where do I find them?

Thanks for your help!

If you can join our Dev Session today, we can go over these steps. We have Developer Sessions every Tuesday at 10:00AM Chicago Time (http://zurmo.org/for...arning-session/).

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#18 mlcvietnam

mlcvietnam

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

I have a same problem

- I create a taxcode field for Account field _ double, not null

- I create 1 record on Account with taxcode - 12312

It's OK

And after that, i change taxcode filed data type from double => int.

It not work and a massage is " Database upgrade not completed. Please try again later."

I change back again from int => double, it still not work too

How can i fix this problem

#19 mlcvietnam

mlcvietnam

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

Can you explain us what exactly you tried to do(which fields, which values), so we can try to reproduce this error.

I have a same problem

- I create a taxcode field for Account field _ double, not null

- I create 1 record on Account with taxcode - 12312

It's OK

And after that, i change taxcode filed data type from double => int.

It not work and a massage is " Database upgrade not completed. Please try again later."

I change back again from int => double, it still not work too

How can i fix this problem

#20 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Come join the Dev Session on Tuesday. We have Developer Sessions every Tuesday at 10:00AM Chicago Time (http://zurmo.org/for...arning-session/).

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: database, designer, opportunities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users