Photo

3.1.1 update causes problem with Opportunities update.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 merkava

merkava

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:54 AM

upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 added new feature of Rotting opportunities.

Feature is nice but it requires the date of the last stage update to be valid.

After update all exisiting opportunities had it NULL and that caused assertion bug (asserted the validity of the date).

The bug prevented editing of opportunity but without any feedback.

Opportunity looked like saved and refresh showed the old data.

Using mysql console I updated the last stage modification dates to arbitrary values and everything got fixed.

SOLUTION RECOMMENDATION:

In my opinion the code should accept that there will be opportunities without date set (like after upgrade) and handle them correctly.

The shortcut I took is not a good approach because the dates in the system will cause wrong calcualtions. It is better not to rot opportunity that has no date.

#2 pmontanez

pmontanez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

Something Similar is happening to me, Now in my case, When I'm trying to change de Opportunity Date, It Won't save the record after the change unless I change on the Opportunity Stage first. So basically, I have to change the Stage first then saved, get back and edit the record again, then change the stage(Back to the original stage)  and then change the date.

By the way, I'm not using the  new opportunity Rotten, and I also Disable Automatic Probability Mapping, clear cached but still having the Issue?

Any workaround or possible solution?

Thanks!

#3 Kipp Grose

Kipp Grose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

Hey Pmontanez,

I had the same issue after updating my DB to 3.1.1.  After some digging, I determined that the upgrade process failed to even create the new field stagemodifielddatetime - so I inserted it myself - but it was solidly null and still causing problems...

Updating every single opportunity I've previously imported simply wasn't a realistic option for me (1000's of legacy records).

My temp solution - I turned on debugging and then hacked the code to comment out / side step references to the stagemodified subroutines just to let me save the records.   I'm hoping that this issue is corrected in an upcoming version and I can go back to using un-hacked versions of the 3.1.1 source code.

From what I've figured out - this only happens to folks who are upgrading from 3.0.5 or previous version.   A fresh install of 3.1.1 does not have this problem, only upgraded databases (because the schema update seems to not create the new stagemodified field the system is relying on).

If the code could be modified to deal with null values in that field and not choke, that's all we need I think.

#4 pmontanez

pmontanez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:39 PM

Kipp, Thanks for the above Info, However, I don't have the tech skills to hack the code as described in your post. 

As I can see since Zurmo merged with Gravity4, developers stop looking at this forum anymore, Now Its there any other channel to report bugs on the Open Source platform?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users