• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Woody

Woody

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

We have a company that uses different email addresses for different product departments (which are sold through separate websites). We've discovered that we can only add one email address per user, so that when we forward emails that were sent from their other email addresses to the Zurmo dropbox, we are getting 'Email address does not exist on the system' errors.

Is it possible to use multiple email addresses for each user? Or is this a feature that may come in the future? If this feature does not exist yet, is the best work-around to just create a 'redundant' user for each email address?

#2 lengel

lengel

Zurmo Forum Moderator

• Administrators
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hello Woody,

There is only 1 email address allowed per user of the system. There is a 'Primary Email' and 'Secondary Email' field in Leads/Contacts, and an email will archive to either one. However, for users, there is only 1 email address. I am now aware at this time of any feature request to change this.

How many email addresses to your users have? I do not really recommend creating multiple users for the same person, especially if you have groups set up to restrict permissions or rights, as this can lead to confusion, and more inaccurate reporting etc. However, that being said, there is no other alternative for the email archiving, other than forwarding the email you receive in one email box to the email address of the system user, and replying to the contact/lead and archiving from there.

I know that an Outlook and Exchange plugin is currently under development for our commercial version, and that it will be more robust than the current dropbox, but i won't be able to test it out fully until it's completed.

Laura Engel
Zurmo Team

#3 Woody

Woody

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Thanks Laura. I think I may put a feature request in. Most users have two email addresses servicing sales for different websites. I have three. This feature comes as standard on some other systems that I won't name here and it would be cool to have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users