3 replies to this topic

#1 Ross

Ross

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

I was reading an interesting article yesterday that discussed failings of traditional CRM systems, it raised some good points but one in particular that I liked which was the idea of the perfect CRM also being a reverse social network.

This means it tracks not who you know, but rather who knows you. Each contact screen would show not just your firm’s responsible party (assigned user), but who else in your company knows this contact and what their interactions with this person were.

For example, your screen on Skanska would tell you who in your organization has contacts at Skanska, and what interactions they have had with those contacts. I expect this information will be available in the crm but I wonder how it will be presented to the user to make it intuitive.

What i mean by intuitive is, does the display encourage/prompt/guide the user to make use of the information they see on screen or is the responsibility on them to dig in and find it? I agree that this is often a barrier in user adoption so it would be nice to tackle this early.

Ross
Ross Peetoom
Zurmo Team
Ross@zurmo.com

#2 Ross

Ross

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I think a "Who else knows this person" link would be great. Imagine you are on a Contact record and you want to see who in your company has dealt with the client before.... not just the assigned to user.

This list would show you other users who have historical activities associated to the contact, emails, meetings, calls, etc. Maybe the list could be sorted by who has had the most activity. I can really see this being useful rather than just expecting users to sift the history notes for the same information. What do you think??
Ross Peetoom
Zurmo Team
Ross@zurmo.com

#3 richard

richard

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

This is solid thinking. Salesforce.com accomplished the above to some degree with the chatter feed. You can see any changes made to any record you follow. You can also see who is following a record. Its not exactly perfect but SFDC seems to be improving Chatter with every release. Beyond the obvious power of leveraging intercompany contact circles. This thinking can extend to a CRM users personal networks. Take a look at what InsideView is doing. They are taking company data (like Hoovers) and integrating it to contact data and social network data. Then they plug into just about every CRM natively....(SFDC, Dynamics CRM, Sugar, etc).

What would be great to see from Zurmo is some of this thought leadership weaved into the basic SFA use cases currently implemented in the system.

-Richard

#4 edelwater

edelwater

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I have proposed exactly the same recently.

It's very important for sales to know who is contact with whom in a client where already. Ideally with import from the existing social networks members are part of. You can build some new metrics based on top of that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reverse social network, social network, social, interaction, client management

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users