3 replies to this topic

#1 windsor

windsor

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 272 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida USA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

for example EditLayout Detail and Edit view for Opportunities appears to be restricted to 2 cells per row,

while most of the {$module}RelatedListView seems to be set up for only one cell per row.  I can see how to manually change in code, but it would be nice to be able to have more design flexibility in the designer for users.

#2 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Interesting request. How many rows and cells do you want to be able to configure in the Designer tool? We do not want to make it too easy to create an overwhelming and overcomplicated screen layout. Gotta keep the UI as pretty as possible...

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#3 windsor

windsor

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 272 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida USA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

Pretty subjective, but maybe 3-4 cells per row for 2 column layout and 6-8 cells per row (max) for a 1 column layout? 

Keeping in mind that a date or amount field is probably smaller than an address field.

As it stands today, lots of dead screen real estate. for example we have this kind of a object model  A->>B->>C   in one instance of A for one B object we currently have 200+ C objects.  We could cut the amount of paging/scrolling for the relatedViews quite a bit if we could place severaldate or  currency values on a single row, for example, which would definitely enhance the useabilty/user experience.

Perhaps leave the default as 1 column/row  and add the [+] to all of the rows, such as in Edit Layout: Detail and Edit View.

Possibly make the max number of cells per row configurable metadata? (this way there is some admin control so users don't run wild :)

#4 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

OK, i see your point. There is a lot of sensitivity on the UI and if you intend on adding lots of fields, I can see how having a more organized layout would cut down on having to scroll/paginate. Perhaps we can allow for some more flexibility. I'll bring that up with our team.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users