• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Woody

Woody

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

As mentioned on one of my previous threads, I would like to suggest a feature to allow each user to have multiple email addresses associated with their account.

Our business operates sales through multiple websites for different products. Correspondence with clients for each website is handled through different email addresses. Under the current setup, each user must either create multiple User profiles so that emails can be bcc'd or forwarded to the IMAP dropbox, or use an inefficient workaround of forwarding relevant to emails to their 'master' email address first, before forwarding again to the dropbox.

Thanks!

#2 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

This creates additional complexity and confusion when it comes to email archival. I see why you need to do it and I'm sorry you need to create additional users for each email address. If we see more requests for this feature we may consider adding it to our roadmap.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#3 saeckry

saeckry

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

I would also like to give a +1 here, this would be very important for us in a possible migration to zurmo. 

For example, we work with several different support email addresses (especially important here in the case that zurmo doesn't handle "cases" quite yet...) and everyone needs to be able to access these different inboxes.

Also we have a general inquiry email address which every one needs to be able to access..

Or is it possible to "share" inboxes?

#4 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

I would also like to give a +1 here, this would be very important for us in a possible migration to zurmo. 

For example, we work with several different support email addresses (especially important here in the case that zurmo doesn't handle "cases" quite yet...) and everyone needs to be able to access these different inboxes.

Also we have a general inquiry email address which every one needs to be able to access..

Or is it possible to "share" inboxes?

I'm glad to see that we are getting more demand for this feature. Allows us to better structure our roadmap based on what users actually need. Right now, you are unable to share email addresses across more than one user. We do not have inbound email capability, so there are no shared inboxes. You can send outbound email and archive emails using the archival mechanism. Do you use Outlook, Gmail, or Exchange? We will have those integrations in our 2.0 release and that might allow more flexibility.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#5 saeckry

saeckry

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Well, a few of us on our team do use Gmail. But the rest use the mail program on a mac.

We have different use-cases, here is the main one:

1. For example we have a "service@example.com" address, to which all of our project-clients write emails. We need some sort of solution that all 5 of our service team members can read these emails (ideally the email will be linked to the project depending on the sender's email address which relates to the contact's email addresses in the projects) and also answer these emails, without running the risk that two people answer the same email because they didn't notice it was already answered.
  • Perhaps the Case Mgmt would be able to deal with this?
  • Otherwise we would need to be able to share the inbox

You see, we have two levels of clients. (In a nutshell, we offer a ticket system for events) - the first level is our clients, the people who want to sell the tickets and use our ticketshop. They write to one email address. The second level is the ticket-buyer, the ones buying the tickets from our clients, and when they need support with their purchases they will write to another email address.

This is why canned responses would also be important, because we get a lot of the same questions and to save time saved answers would be mandatory.

Some questions on the Gmail Integration:

• What exactly is the Gmail Integration, what can it do? what will it look like? will it be on the Gmail-End or within Zurmo? if on the Gmail-end, will it work with regular Gmail or just with Google Apps?

• When are you planning on offering Inbound Emailing?
  • How will conversations be displayed - similar to Gmail where the whole conversation is grouped together?
  • What are some examples of usage for a system which only offers outbound email, anyway?

Thanks a lot!

Zac

#6 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

We have not designed the gmail integration so I cannot definitively tell you how it will function. It will be part of our Google apps integration. The Google apps integration will allow you to do email archiving with gmail and sync contacts and calendar items.

It sounds like your use case falls within Cases, which will be a part of our summer release. We have not designed it yet, but email-to-case might help with your issues of sharing inboxes. At that point, when someone emails service@example.com, it would open a Case and your internal personnel could work on that issue. Again, we have not designed Cases yet and I'm not sure we will have email-to-case functionality right away, but that would possibly fulfill your requirements.

We do not plan to offer inbound email as of yet. If we receive more demand, we might add it to our roadmap. The reality is that most users have an email client that they are comfortable with and most CRM email clients cannot stack up with what is out there. Our plans were to create integrations with the most popular and widely used mail clients and stay away from an inbound inbox.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#7 lilbiscuit

lilbiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

+1 for multiple email addresses per user.  :rolleyes:

#8 BjornV

BjornV

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

+1 for multiple email addresses per user.

It would also be nice to define a User as an Organisation (at the moment I use the firstname and lastname for the two parts of my company name) with the possibility of multiple email addresses so that when customers use one of 3 possible email addresses to reach my company, their emails are all tagged appropriately in the customers' activity thread (when the Email Archival retrieves the emails from my DropBox).

#9 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

It would also be nice to define a User as an Organisation (at the moment I use the firstname and lastname for the two parts of my company name) with the possibility of multiple email addresses so that when customers use one of 3 possible email addresses to reach my company, their emails are all tagged appropriately in the customers' activity thread (when the Email Archival retrieves the emails from my DropBox).

I see what you are saying, but when you have more than 1 email address for a Lead or Contact, then there could be issues running email campaigns, reports, and triggers workflows. A user is a human so it is tough to make a user an organization. I understand the use case you are bringing up. When we develop the Cases functionality, we might be able to help with this.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#10 sfsolutions

sfsolutions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

+1 for multiple adresses for system users 

#11 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

+1 Just found this thread on google. Almost a year since last post but still a very useful feature. Please consider!

#12 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

Still would like this feature added... ;)

But I have a temporary suggestion - normally when the system couldn't find a target user, it sends a notification to inbox: couldn't find user in system (or something similar). Would it be possible to add a link to that message like "attach to existing user". On the target page, you would then be able to attach the message to the correct sender (FROM) and receiver (TO) user/customer that exist in the system. That would be valuable as well.

#13 BugNinja

BugNinja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

#14 mike.sproule

mike.sproule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:03 PM

#15 eugeniu

eugeniu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

+1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: email archiving, email, users

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users