#1 k1000o

k1000o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

As part or the customization the default names of some entities and the label of their fields need to be overriden to match the context in which I am working. For example Opportunities will be called Products.
For other languages other than the default (English) changing the default.php file inside messages->yy will do the trick.
For the default language some ideas come to my mind but before implementing it I would like to have advice on how to make it in a way it's easy to migrate to new releases.

1) Add a 'labels' section in the model ?
2) Add a new 'en' folder in messages so the system will use it?

Appreciate your feedback.

#2 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Great question. Just go to Designer -> Opportunities -> General. In there you can change the word Opportunities to Products. And this will change all instances of that across the application. You can do it for mulitple languages too, as long as they are 'active' in the language area of the admin. Plus the various fields in opportunities, their labels can be changed in the Designer -> Opportunities -> Fields. You will see. Let me know if you have more questions. There is not need to change the message files themselves.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

#3 k1000o

k1000o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

The purpose is to make it as part of the installation process to deliver in one shoot and not manually change it in the application.

#4 Jason

Jason

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 864 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

You can use the same mechanism you are using to add a custom modules as activity enabled. When you customize the message, it stores in the model metadata. So you can use CustomManagement, this way it can load on install.

Jason Green
Zurmo Team
Need support? Upgrade now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users