19 replies to this topic

#1 Ross

Ross

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Are there any plans to use gravatar within the Zurmo system itself? they are typically used for Blogs, Comments and Forums but I would imagine that it would be nice for users who use Gravatar to not have to upload a photo of themselves on their Zurmo user profile page?

I wonder how many people this would actually help, is this a good idea or do we think it would not be used?..... since it links off of the email address I wonder if this coudl be used to pull a Gravatars of contacts in the system........... now I think THAT would be cool?!
Ross Peetoom
Zurmo Team
Ross@zurmo.com

#2 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

I completely agree that a Gravatar would make the CRM more personal and helpful for end users. We have some ideas beyond just a Gravatar and plan on creating a way to have a “virtual self” that users can design after achieving certain milestones or points. Something like Chorewars or Nike Fit, the idea is that you get to see a virtual version of yourself progressively improving according to your actions in the CRM.

They can choose better clothes, a bigger muscle frame, etc. We can set up something similar with CRM users and have fun with different accessories or features. I think about Wii Sports and how you can design your character with a ton of different options (skin color, facial hair, hair color, eye color, etc.). As the CRM user works in the system and gains points, he can “upgrade” his look. I love the notion of fancier suits, a shiny new car, a bigger office, sacks of cash, etc. as they create opportunities, close more deals, convert leads, schedule calls, etc.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#3 julienym

julienym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Could you add a upload profile pict function ? I'm not a fan of gravatar !

#4 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Could you add a upload profile pict function ? I'm not a fan of gravatar !

At this point, you need to use Gravatar to upload a picture. We may create our own 'upload pic' functionality down the road.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#5 shockalotti

shockalotti

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

I created a Gravatar account and tied it to my email (gmail).

However, I tried updating the profile pic for my user account by clicking the empty picture placeholder, it showed a pop-up dialogue "Change Picture Profile....". And the animated loading icon doesn't go away.

In other words the system doesn't allow me to select my gravatar image.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

#6 speixoto

speixoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Have you tryed it in our demo instance demo.zurmo.com? I think that the is some problem with your local instance, did you try to run unit tests?

#7 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

I created a Gravatar account and tied it to my email (gmail).

However, I tried updating the profile pic for my user account by clicking the empty picture placeholder, it showed a pop-up dialogue "Change Picture Profile....". And the animated loading icon doesn't go away.

In other words the system doesn't allow me to select my gravatar image.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

We can provide you a hosted trial instance for testing (http://zurmo.com/free-trial). That will troubleshoot any environmental issues.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#8 shockalotti

shockalotti

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

We can provide you a hosted trial instance for testing (http://zurmo.com/free-trial). That will troubleshoot any environmental issues.

Thanks. You're right, the trial instance does allow me to upload images for the gravatar.

I just wish I knew what was stopping it from working on my own server instance.

#9 speixoto

speixoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Are you behind some sort of firewall or proxy?

#10 shockalotti

shockalotti

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

Are you behind some sort of firewall or proxy?

Ahhhh... yes, I hadn't thought of that. I'll see if creating a security exception will help with that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

#11 WhiteRabit

WhiteRabit

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Why not get the image from user's facebook, or Linkedin profile?

#12 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Why not get the image from user's facebook, or Linkedin profile?

We chose Gravatar for our initial appraoch. We may broaden it up in a future release.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#13 oskiebe

oskiebe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi,

is there any update on this?

I would absolutely second to have the availability to upload custom images -

total must-have from my angle as also articulated in 

http://zurmo.org/for...ile-picture-v2/

Thanks and regards

Oliver

#14 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hi,

is there any update on this?

I would absolutely second to have the availability to upload custom images -

total must-have from my angle as also articulated in 

http://zurmo.org/for...ile-picture-v2/

Thanks and regards

Oliver

We have it on the roadmap and will address it later on. There are a ton of feature requests in our Dev queue so we are getting to as much as we can. I agree that we need this capability and I'm trying to prioritize our dev efforts in the best possible way.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#15 oskiebe

oskiebe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

We have it on the roadmap and will address it later on. There are a ton of feature requests in our Dev queue so we are getting to as much as we can. I agree that we need this capability and I'm trying to prioritize our dev efforts in the best possible way.

Cheers Ray.

I know a story or two about prioritizing demands properly at that lifecycle stage myself and I must say you're doing a pretty good job at it - very much appreciated!

Keep it up

Oliver

#16 raysto

raysto

Zurmo Team

• Administrators
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Cheers Ray.

I know a story or two about prioritizing demands properly at that lifecycle stage myself and I must say you're doing a pretty good job at it - very much appreciated!

Keep it up

Oliver

Thank you for the kind words Oliver! I'm glad to hear that you can relate. It is not an easy task to choose what gets in the app today and what gets kicked out 6 months. I do not like disappointing our community when features they ask for do not make the immediate release. Our development team is cranking as hard as we can. That I can ensure everyone.

Ray Stoeckicht
Zurmo Team
Try Zurmo Pro

#17 flexsus

flexsus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

We chose Gravatar for our initial appraoch. We may broaden it up in a future release.

Fans of Gravatar loves it. All others who don't use or like Gravatar, has nothing.

I think it's important to at least give option to upload own avatar. Down the road, yes avatar from Facebook or LinkedIn could be a feature. But then why not "Login with Facebook" and others. I feel it would be OK to leave out this social login options, but please let us who don't use Gravatar get a nice little selfie :-)

#18 Burke

Burke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, GA

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

+1 for allowing upload of own picture.

linkedIN and facebook would be awesome, especially for "contacts"  but uploading own picture is a must.

#19 nubdesigns

nubdesigns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

yeah having to go off site to create an account to verify your email to upload a picture is a ton more work then just upload your pic and be done with it :D 

#20 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

Sure but after that, every time you register with this emailadress, you don't have to bother uploading a picture again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users