Photo

Been Using Zurmo for over a year and need the community

Novice Automation Custom Fields Deleting Content Introductions Keep Me Logged In Formulas & Calculations Batch Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Iameki

Iameki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

Hi Zurmo Forum,

I am new to the Forum, I have been monitoring it for a few months and there is not a lot of activity, this is a real shame considering the potential that open source Zurmo has.

I feel I was unfortunate and jumped on board slightly too late, I have been using Zurmo for just over a year, and have recently setup another business that is also using Zurmo. When trawliing though the previous posts, there is often mention of a weekly development meeting. I am yet to actually come accross one, and (maybe wrongfully) assume they no longer happen.

I have many questions and, long term, I would like to assist in the development of Zurmo open source, any information on the current state of the community would be much appreciated.

Below are a list of the issues/need of development that are a high prioity to me at the moment,

• Being able to delete Custom Fields,
  • Batch update Custom Fields
  • "Keep me logged in" to actually work
  • Run Formulas for calculation of pricing within Zurmo

If anyone also has interest in the above please do reach out, and maybe with a keen members we can revitalise the Community.

One Love,

James Iameki Hall 

#2 Administrtr

Administrtr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

Unfortunately it seems like zurmo is dead indeed. Very sad but true. No reaction from devs whatsoever. I recommend switching to Espocrm instead. I won't post a link but look it up. I have discovered this magnificent CRM about a year / two years after I discovered Zurmo. I was very happy with zurmo but not so much about the lack of community feel.

This is totally different with espo. Also the program is SO fast! Just try it out and enjoy. Oh, and if you have a problem, the devs usually respond within 24 hours with a solution or at least a hint in the right direction. You'll also lose the gamification, but as a matter of fact... I don't really miss it at all. At least I have an open source CRM system that works quickly, efficiently, has a nice database structure behind it, a small but alive community, etc... I hope this post won't be deleted. I must admit, it's looks like an advert but it's an honest review / comparison.

It's a shame that it had to come to this. Search this forum, a lot of people have come to the same conclusion. Zurmo is indeed dead for the open source community. I don't know about the paying customer, I sure hope they get the support they pay for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Novice, Automation, Custom Fields, Deleting Content, Introductions, Keep Me Logged In, Formulas & Calculations, Batch Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users