How to install Zurmo Virtual Machine
The main aim of the Zurmo VM is to help people interested in Zurmo, to get access to Zurmo CRM software on their own computer using virtual machine fast and easy, without installing all required software on their computers. Zurmo VM is based on Ubuntu Server 12.04(no graphic interface).
All you have to do is to follow these simple steps.
Instaling Zurmo on Virtualbox
1. Download and install recent version of Virtualbox
2. Download Zurmo VMDK image, and extract it. There should be two files: Zurmo.vmdk and Zurmo.ovf(Open Virtualization Format)
3. Click File->Import Appliance, select path to Zurmo.ovf, follow few obvious steps, and once the installation finishes you will have Zurmo in your list of virtual machines.
4. Click on Zurmo to start VM
5. Open virtualbox and click start and should see the login after several seconds. Login as here as: Username: root Password: zurmo
(Note: If you happen to receive an error such as: “Failed to open a session for the virtual machine… Nonexistent host networking interface, name ‘eth0′ (VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR)”, you can close the error message, click the “Network” heading to open up the network settings, uncheck the box ‘Enable Network Adapter’, and click OK to close the network settings. Then open the network settings again and enable the network adapter and click OK, then try to start the virtual machine again.)
6. You need to be sure that ip address is set correctly on your VM. You can check this by typing:
ifconfig | grep "inet addr"
In my local network, I have an ip of 192.168.1.105 (Mask: 255.255.255.0), your ip address should be similar. You will need to remember this ip address.
7. Now, open the hosts configuration file (on your local machine) in your favourite text editor.
- On mac/linux : /etc/hosts
- On windows : C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
8. Add the following line at the end of your hosts file and replace the ip address with one you already found on your VM (for example: 192.168.1.105).
9. Once you save this file you can now open your browser and enter the url: http://zurmo.vbox , if you have perfromed all of the steps correctly the Zurmo CRM login screen should appear.
10. To login to Zurmo CRM as super admin use the following credentials: Username: super Password: super
Tips and tricks
The following users are already created on the server :
root (with all privileges)
zurmo (simple user)
mysql (with all privileges to administrate mysql)
Password : zurmo
Changing keyboard layout
Changing PHP Date time zone
Start and stop services
Apache (and PHP)
If something goes wrong, the errors are logged.